Peugeot 307 HDi - Unblock diesel filter - Gezim

Hello. I have a 2002 Peugeot 307 HDi. Always when I start the car, the message : " Unblock diesel filter" appears on the screen. Can anyone explain me what does it mean, because up to now I haven't had any explanation. Thanks

Peugeot 307 HDi - Unblock diesel filter - Peter.N.

I would think that it means you need a new fuel filter cartridge.

Peugeot 307 HDi - Unblock diesel filter - galileo

Could it mean the DPF?

Possibly, Hadn't thought of that, although I would have thought that would have come up under 'emmisions fault'.

Peugeot 307 HDi - Unblock diesel filter - Collos25

It tells you in the manual if you care to read it ,2002 is before DPF were introduced I think so it means what it says.You could of course ask in in a Peugeot garage and they can put it on their Planet computer and tell all that is wrong with it..

Peugeot 307 HDi - Unblock diesel filter - dieselnut

I had a 2001 C5 Hdi & which had the DPF ( FAP in PSA talk ). That message meant the FAP was overloaded & need either swapping for an exchange FAP that had been cleaned by PSA, or if you're up to DIY, remove the FAP & reverse jet wash it thoroughly. It is scheduled to be changed every 50k miles. If you do lots of short journeys you may get it to regen with a long run keeping the engine around 1800 revs for half hour or so, the longer the better.

If you google FAP cleaning you should find more info. Also make sure you have Eolys fluid in the Eolys tank, as it need this to assist the regens.

Edited by dieselnut on 01/12/2013 at 11:17

Peugeot 307 HDi - Unblock diesel filter - skidpan

remove the FAP & reverse jet wash it thoroughly.

Not that load of total nonsense again. It does not work, the design of a DPF is multpass, its not a simple in out tube and the chemistry works so that the soot particles are bonded to the matrix inside. The only way to clean the matrix is to heat it to 600 degrees and burn off the particles, that is what a regen does..

Even if it was possible how would dispose of the matter and water you had washed out, its toxic and dangerous. That is why only dodgy back street garages offer this pointless service.

Peugeot 307 HDi - Unblock diesel filter - Collos25

I had a 2001 C5 Hdi & which had the DPF ( FAP in PSA talk ). That message meant the FAP was overloaded & need either swapping for an exchange FAP that had been cleaned by PSA, or if you're up to DIY, remove the FAP & reverse jet wash it thoroughly. It is scheduled to be changed every 50k miles. If you do lots of short journeys you may get it to regen with a long run keeping the engine around 1800 revs for half hour or so, the longer the better.

If you google FAP cleaning you should find more info. Also make sure you have Eolys fluid in the Eolys tank, as it need this to assist the regens.

But he does not have a C5 even these in the first guise did not have FAPs

The 2.0. Hdi doesn't have a DPF but the 2.2 does.

Peugeot 307 HDi - Unblock diesel filter - squarecarman

Why don't you change the fuel filter and see what happens? I'm sure it would be quite straightforward and inexpensive. If that doesn't cure it then investigate further.

Peugeot 307 HDi - Unblock diesel filter - gordonbennet

Yes i too would be changing the filter, but be aware some PSA filters are fitted with a heater that some might try to sell you as one unit with the filter (which isn't cheap on its own), heater fitment does unclip and can be swapped over easily enough but the filter you buy can look completeley different from the one fitted, i expect this puts some DIYers off.

Have you tried draining any water from the filter first, i don't know if there would be a specific 'water in filter' dash message.

Before you touch the filter at all make sure the primer bellows works (squeezing it a couple of times you should feel it pressure up if good) so you can prime the filter afterwards, its usually possible to pre fill the filter with clean fuel before fitting which helps, but don't know if this is the case on your car.

Peugeot 307 HDi - Unblock diesel filter - dieselnut

Here is a used one

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-307-DPF-PARTICULATE-FILTER-2-0-HDi-110bhp-02-05-/130776575840

but obviously you would need to check the part No's.

Peugeot 307 HDi - Unblock diesel filter - Gibbo_Wirral

There are two versions of the 2L diesel, the 90 without DPF and the 110 with.

There are no sensors on the fuel filter to notify the ECU of issues with it, you'll "feel" them first - difficult starting, cutting out, low on power.

Personally I change the fuel filter every 12,000 miles. They're only a fiver so its a no-brainer.

And the 110 has an in-tank fuel pump, so there's not necessarily a hand-priming bulb in the engine bay.

Don't throw money at a new DPF when it might not need it. It could be something else which has blocked it - namely the car not generating because of issues with the glow plugs, glow plug relay, missing fuel cap sensors, empty additive tank or non functioning radiator cooling fan, even a dirty fuse for the additive system will stop it from regenerating and cleaning the DP filter.

A Lexia - Planet diagnostic and nothing else will definetly tell you if there's anything wrong with the system, don't waste your time with generic code readers.

If you need a new DPF, try CATS2U.

Edited by Gibbo_Wirral on 02/12/2013 at 14:26