Dash Camera.....What have you got - Grease_monkey

I have got a SmartWitness SVC100GPS camera and the video quality is rubbish! I have just placed a order with Ipixi for a Winycam X100FHD which is FullHD.

What camera's have people got and how would you rate it? Have you ever had to use the footage?

Dash Camera.....What have you got - Cyd

I currently haven't got one, but was looking at an ad for Smart Witness in the Telegraph Motoring section today. Was considering one. So thanks for the feedback.

I have been thinking that I could get a suitable mount and simply use my phone (Galaxy S2). Anyone else tried this approach?

Dash Camera.....What have you got - dadbif
I have an app on my iPhone called "witness", works very well.
Dash Camera.....What have you got - Cyd

It's called witness driving for android and has some pretty poor reviews (some of which state it is good on iphone).

I've just found Dailyroads Voyager for android and will give it a try.

Dash Camera.....What have you got - Trilogy

Suggest this link. www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=96806

Dash Camera.....What have you got - cnrysn

I think it is better to have a professional dash camera instead of smart phone, you deserve to invest one because the prices dropped greated, with very little money you can get a very good quality one, the video quality is not a problem at all ..

Dash Camera.....What have you got - Skezza

For a long time, I had a generic 'China Cam' dashcam fitted to my car. The quality was okay. You could definitely read number plates when watching videos and it had a surprisingly wide lens which was good as it often captured footage of the other lane as well as your own. It took an SD card as well which was ideal.

It lasted about 18 months and then packed up, I think the internal battery went kaput. Not bad for £9. I've not fitted another one yet though.

Dash Camera.....What have you got - Andy P

I've got a Mobius ActionCam:

http://webbex.ecrater.com/p/18141697/mobius-action-camera-micro-hd

Review here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wmIyD1fM4M

Dash Camera.....What have you got - SmartWitnessHelp

Hi Grease_monkey,

There are 2 versions to the SmartWitness range of forward facing cameras. The SVC100GPS is not the HD version , the SVC150GPS is the HD version.

There are ways that you can make the resolution higher on the model you have. If you would like me to put you in touch with our technical team who can help you with this, please let me know.

Many thanks

Pritti
pritti@smartwitness.com