Manufacturers Warranty - T Lucas
What value do you put on the manufacturers warranty that you get with a new car,and would you be prepared to buy a new car without warranty if there was a price differential.
Obviously some brands have far more need of a manufactures warranty than others.
I would be prepared to buy,say a new Toyota without the warranty if it would save me perhaps £1000 off whatever price you could negotiate,but i guess that Toyota would say that the warranty costs are so minimal that you would only get about £20 off!
Manufacturers Warranty - Tom Shaw
Over the years the main dealer servicing needed to keep a valid warranty has cost me far more than I have gained in repairs under it's terms. But I can budget for servicing, it's the thought of a major blow up with the costs down to me that would keep me awake at night.
Manufacturers Warranty - Andrew-T
I feel fairly sure that if you bought a brand-new car from a franchise, the warranty would be a non-negotiable part of the deal. What happens through a broker, I'm not so sure.
Manufacturers Warranty - Mark (RLBS)
Don't forget that the warranty is only relevant insofar as it increases your legal rights. And in the first year it doesn't do much.
Manufacturers Warranty - T Lucas
I'm sure with all the consumer protection laws that no manufacturer would let a member of the public buy a new car without their warranty,but i know that i would and im sure i'm not the only one,if there was a cash saving.It's only an insurance after all.