Vauxhall Vectra C - Intermittant Starting Problem/Clutch pedel colapse - Iain H

Has anyone ever had this happen on a Vauxhall Vecta C 1.9 TDCI SRI (150). On 2 occassions I have started the car, and the clutch is very heavy and when I press it the pedal collapses to the floor and the car cuts out. Once this has happened you can't get it in gear or start the car. I can lift the pedal back up and re engage the clutch, and the car starts and then works fine for a number of days before the problem reoccurs. It had a new clutch and dual mass Flywheel fitted 18 months ago. It is puzzling me as I didn't think the clutch not working would stop the car from starting. Anyone any ideas?

Vauxhall Vectra C - Intermittant Starting Problem/Clutch pedel colapse - Wolfan

I can't help you regarding the starting but I seem to remember when I had some warranty work done on my '52 reg 2.2 LS 9 years ago the mechanic mentiond that they had done something to the clutch pedal as well. I wasn't charged for this so I can only assume that the factory had modified something because there had been problems. Try asking a main dealer, I'm sorry to be so vague but as nobody has responded to you I thought this might help.