Honda FR-V 56 reg - Ding on the wing - and the repair costs just seem - Falkirk Bairn

Neighbour's car clipped by driver setting off from the kerb as she passed.

Minor ding on the wing (low down front of wing) and the bumper has dropped slightly.

Transporter picks up and takes it 45 miles away.

New 7 seater dropped off later

It is said the repairs will take 2 weeks to allow for parts etc

3rd party agreed it was his fault / his insurer

To my mind it looked like 2/3 x days in a bodyshop - filling/buffing/spraying and new brackets to hold up the bumper.... it a now a new wing, new bumper etc etc

It must be north of £2000 -£2500 at least!

The car was far from being a showroom fresh newish car or one that had love lavished upon it. It has been washed 2 /3 times in 2013 to my knowledge.

How do these garages /car hire people get away with this rip-off?

Honda FR-V 56 reg - Ding on the wing - and the repair costs just seem - Auristocrat

Insurers don't want to get involved in possible future corrosion/paintwork issues, so they would rather replace than repair. Probably use pattern panels rather than OE panels to save costs that way.

Honda FR-V 56 reg - Ding on the wing - and the repair costs just seem - focussed

Neighbour's car clipped by driver setting off from the kerb as she passed.

Minor ding on the wing (low down front of wing) and the bumper has dropped slightly.

Transporter picks up and takes it 45 miles away.

New 7 seater dropped off later

It is said the repairs will take 2 weeks to allow for parts etc

3rd party agreed it was his fault / his insurer

To my mind it looked like 2/3 x days in a bodyshop - filling/buffing/spraying and new brackets to hold up the bumper.... it a now a new wing, new bumper etc etc

It must be north of £2000 -£2500 at least!

The car was far from being a showroom fresh newish car or one that had love lavished upon it. It has been washed 2 /3 times in 2013 to my knowledge.

How do these garages /car hire people get away with this rip-off?

The oem panels are listed at Bumper (front) £324.32 and front fender(wing) at £190.87 + vat. Both are self-coloured parts so no spraying required.