Ford mondeo - Lease car delivered to dealer but wrong - wrongcarordered
Hi, was looking for some guidance/advice please. I ordered a company car in May a factory order titanium x business edition estate with a few extras. Drove to ford dealer in Manchester today saw the car and heart sank was a hatchback!!. Turns out that ford have got the order wrong. So my options are sack the order and get another make, take the hatch and some compensation or reorder the estate and wait till December/January.
Now the car is cracking and could do without the estate if they put a tow all on. My dilemma is what kind of compensation should I be looking for? The nice chap who was at ford said it would be a nightmare for ford to shift as they would have to de-register and then lose on it because of the spec and extras?

If somebody could offer advice on how much compensation in addition to a towball and/or how much of a problem is it for the dealer to try and resell the car?

Thanks in advance
Adam
Ford mondeo - Lease car delivered to dealer but wrong - Wackyracer

Personally, I would not take it. I'd just want what I ordered and ask them to reorder it or cancel with them and reorder from another dealer.

As for it being hard for them to sell on etc. That is not really your problem and I know I'd not lose any sleep over it. They made the mistake, Let them worry about it.

Ford mondeo - Lease car delivered to dealer but wrong - Bromptonaut

Insist on what you orderd.

Either (a) there's a near enough model in ford UK dealer stock or (b) wait for exact match to what you want to be re-ordered.

In case (a) negotiate for unwanted stuff v what's missing or (b) wait and document the costs you incur until Dec as a compo claim. Obviously, (b) will be much reduced if 'cost to change' is same as in current monh.

Ford mondeo - Lease car delivered to dealer but wrong - Mr Fox
Need to know who's mistake.
We currently have an Insignia on our company fleet, that was ordered as a Biturbo, but arrived as a CDTI...

Been sat in the compound unused for 3 months

Waiting for the lease co to take it back

They desperately trying to avoid doing so.
Ford mondeo - Lease car delivered to dealer but wrong - wrongcarordered
Hi, it's Fords mistake, the leasing company have sent me all the paperwork and ford have admitted responsibility. The only thing the could add to it is a tow ball.

Apparently un-registering a car and the.n trying to sell it is a nightmare for them, like previous post not my problem.

Just thinking is it worth considering an offer from Ford and was wondering what I should be aiming for. Do I really need an estate, no but...

Thanks for input so far

Adam
Ford mondeo - Lease car delivered to dealer but wrong - Mr Fox
You are in a strong position.

Ask for a free Ka

This factory in Belgium that's making Mondeo, SMax and Galaxy, is being run down, so they Only make to order.
Ford mondeo - Lease car delivered to dealer but wrong - Avant

"Apparently un-registering a car and then trying to sell it is a nightmare for them, like previous post not my problem."

In view of thism if you can live with the hatch (which has a huge boot) and the extras are all as you wanted, there's a strong case for taking it and milking Ford for as much compensation as you can get. You may have to negotiate with the leasing company as to who gets the benefit.

Ford mondeo - Lease car delivered to dealer but wrong - coopshere
If it's a leased vehicle how can you gain from any monetary compensation, surely that will go to the lease company. What has the leasing company said about it? I know very little about leasing but I would assume its their car and not yours until you settle up the contract at the end of the lease.

If you are able to gain monetary compensation then it should be the difference between them selling the car new and them selling it as a pre-registered car (which is what it will be if you refuse it and it is already registered to you) I would have thought this would be at least £3k.