Vauxhall zafira b 2006 - Winter tyres - thegmart05
My car runs original 205/55/16 summer tyres on original alloys. I want to put on a set of winter tyres and have been offered a set of 15" steel rims that supposedly came off a scrap zafira.Will these rims fit my car? I have my doubts because I've measured the gap between my brake calipers and the original alloys and it is about 8 mm. Surely smaller diameter steel rims are going to foul the brakes?
Vauxhall zafira b 2006 - Winter tyres - Collos25

What does your car manual say, you could always try one and see before you buy its the only real way of seeing.

Vauxhall zafira b 2006 - Winter tyres - gordonbennet

The steel wheel will be thinner plate and may be shaped differently to clear brakes.

The OE MB alloys as fitted to my car cleared the calipers by a fag papers width, never seen anything pass quite so close, if a tyre fitter used tiny stick on weights they would catch.

As said you can't beat offering one up, but before you go and beg or borrow one to try have you checked the spare, sometimes spare wheels are smaller diameter steelies but equivalent size, eg 195/65 x 15...incidentally one of the best value car tyre sizes you will find, hope it works out for you.

Edited by gordonbennet on 02/09/2013 at 23:53

Vauxhall zafira b 2006 - Winter tyres - bathtub tom

PCD, offset and centre bore.

Are the wheels from a compatible model?

www.wheelfitment.eu/car/Opel/

Vauxhall zafira b 2006 - Winter tyres - thegmart05
Hi. Many thanks for your input it was very useful , apologise for the lateness of the reply . Phoning the dealer is of no use whatsoever , nothing beats borrowing an example and offering it up.
My spare wheel is full sized steel 16", so an eBay search found a set for €120 in Germany, job done !
I live in France and have found it is nearly impossible to find steel wheels to fit a Zafira because they were all sold with alloys as standard , hence eBay search in Germany.
Vauxhall zafira b 2006 - Winter tyres - gordonbennet

And thanks for the update.

Only one thing to watch, do the wheels come with new bolts/nuts, i only ask as on some cars the bolts are completely different and have different seats as well as lengths...if too long then the fronts don't usually cause problems but the rears can if you have drum parking brake.