7 seater - 7 seater for under 3k - medicpaul
With the news of a third child, I'll soon need to upgrade our trusty C5'estate(HDI). I have a 2 year old and a 6 year old + a newborn so it going to be child seat central. Must be economical but shouldn't struggle to pull a full load. Don't wont to spend more than 3k. I had thoughts of a Alhambra but a previous Sharan we had was plagued with underbody rust (might just of been a lemon). Any suggestions you guys can recommend?
7 seater - 7 seater for under 3k - daveyK_UK

1.8 or 2.2 petrol Zafira for that kind of money.

It is a vauxhall so expect average reliability. The bigger petrol units do pull it ok and for £3,000 you can get something 5 or 6 years old.

Avoid the 1.9 diesel

Edited by daveyK_UK on 04/08/2013 at 10:31

7 seater - 7 seater for under 3k - medicpaul
I was worried the Zafira wasn't a "real" 7 seater? Did you mean to avoid the 1.9 VAG unit?

The 1.9 CDTI in the zafira.

Not sure what its orgins are, but its used extensivly by Vauxhall.

Definatly an engine to avoid.

7 seater - 7 seater for under 3k - Collos25

Why? have you first hand knowledge of this engine or are you going on very unreliable hearsay.

7 seater - 7 seater for under 3k - Collos25

Why? have you first hand knowledge of this engine or are you going on very unreliable hearsay.

No,

if hundreds if not thousands of peoples experience of the 1.9 is unreliable heresay then so be it.

But you keep playing the 1,9 fan boy.

You buy a vauxhall knowing its going to be rubbish, but generally cheap to repair.

The cheap to repair factor goes when you get involved with the 1.9 diesel and so any Vauxhall with this engine in should be avoided like the plague.

7 seater - 7 seater for under 3k - oldtoffee

3 kids with one of them shiny new don't weigh much so a fully loaded car with 3 kids doesn't mean its gojng to be heavy despite the amount of clobber you need to carry. I've been in a 1.6 petrol Zafira, 4 adults and 3 children and it was pretty good. My Rottweiler weighed more than my 3 grandchildren at 4,3 and 2 years old.