Ford Transit 2.5 Diesel - Has my transit lost its memory - MK666

My 1996 2.5 diesel transit won’t start after removing the battery 6 months ago and putting the van in storage, I have checked all the obvious things battery fuses etc, but the problem persists, I suspect it is something to do with the ford pats immobilizer as I get nothing other than a click from the ignition relay when I turn the key, and the warning light comes on the dashboard, there are no other noises, and I can’t hear the fuel pump whirring like it usually does, is it possible for the immobilizer to lose the code from its memory due to the battery being removed for a long time I have tried starting it with the red master key but it’s still the same.

I had a mechanic look at it briefly and he suspected the immobilizer is not recognizing the key, I cannot check what the immobilizer sentry light is doing as this would have been located in the original roof and the van was converted to a catering van in 2001 so the red led light was either removed or covered over when the new body was fitted.

If there is a fault with the pats transceiver key reader can this be replaced or would it need re coding or something

Any ideas would be helpful

Ford Transit 2.5 Diesel - Has my transit lost its memory - dieselnut

Check the starter motor. Has it got 12v on the large terminal with the thick cable from the battery.

When you turn the key to the start position is there 12v on the small terminal on the starter motor.

If yes to both you will need a new starter motor.