Audi A6 & Q3 - can't get shell diesel - what should I use - Shepherd17

my nearest Shell garage is 30 mils away, what is my next option - Tesco, Morrisons, Total, Murco, Texaco - I have a 3 litre TDI A6, and a 2 litre TDI Q3

Audi A6 & Q3 - can't get shell diesel - what should I use - skidpan

All fuel sold in the UK (or the EU for that matter) by law has to meet the relevant BS EN spec.

All cars sold are designed to run on standard pump fuel.

Despite what some posters (and Honest John) will tell you there is absolutely nothing wrong with supermarket fuels, been using them pretty much exclusively since the mid 80's and never had an issue and when I have had to resort to the expensive stuff the car ran exactly the same.

Which magazine have done tests and found no difference.

All fuel comes from one of the UK supply depots, Tesco's etc do not make petrol, they don't make cornflakes either.

I have seen a tanker deliver to the Shell down the road from us and then follwed it into town where it went to the Asda garage. Unmarked tanker. The mugs who went to the Shell garage and paid 5p a litre more were getting the exact same fuel that I bought form Asda.

Audi A6 & Q3 - can't get shell diesel - what should I use - craig-pd130

Use the busiest station - that way, you're more likely to get fresher fuel that hasn't been sat in forecourt tanks for ages, picking up moisture etc

Audi A6 & Q3 - can't get shell diesel - what should I use - Peter.N.

I would agree with the above, I also have been using supermarket fuel ever since it was available and have never had any problems.

Audi A6 & Q3 - can't get shell diesel - what should I use - unthrottled

Since we're enjoying a prolonged hot spell, I decided to give the higher octane stuff a try. The Shell nitro whatever stuf was 143p/litre! Reached for the ordinary pump. I'll be going back to Asda. Nothing wrong with fuel. As other posters have pointed out, high turnover is a good thing.

Audi A6 & Q3 - can't get shell diesel - what should I use - 1litregolfeater

Tesco have a lot to lose if ther fuel gives any problems

And you get cashback for selling your identity!

And 5p a gallon off if you swerve the £20 off the weekly shop at LIDL and Aldi!

Audi A6 & Q3 - can't get shell diesel - what should I use - Ordovices

But Shell V power nitro + unleaded contains more friction modification technology, so that must be good, it's too scientific to be bad (compared to previous shell V power unleaded) and the diesel has new more powerful detergent technology. Surely that's worth a few bob extra? Add a slug of Ophid Performance plus cetane booster with ptfe nano spheres, zx9 supalube in the oil and your 1.6 tdi will be doing the nurburgring faster than a zonda and still getting 65 to the gallon.

;)