Volkswagen Tiguan - Bodywork check as part of service - csgmart

I've just had the first service completed by my local VW dealer. When we purchased the Tiguan I took out a servicing plan so when the service was due I simply booked it in and handed over the keys on the day. Picking up was easy and no money exhanged hands.

I notice now that the service booked has been completed but the section on bodywork checks has not. Is this not covered under the service? Is there an additional sum due to get this work covered? What are the implications of not getting this work done and why didn't the dealership bring it to my attention (or did they simply miss something)?

Volkswagen Tiguan - Bodywork check as part of service - RT

On most, maybe all, brands that give long body perforation warranties, an annual inspection is necessary which isn't part of an annual service - it's usually free if done at a franchised dealer at the same time as a service - and chargeable if someone else does the service.

Dealerships do often forget to stamp that book though.

The implication of missing stamps is that any claim for body-perforation, ie rust, will be declined.

Volkswagen Tiguan - Bodywork check as part of service - csgmart

The implication of missing stamps is that any claim for body-perforation, ie rust, will be declined.

I've called VW head office (I want to get my facts straight before contacing the dealer directly about this) and they told me that in all probability that check was done but the book not stamped. They also said in any event VW would honor any future claims....

Like you I suspect that an unstamped book will be met with a polite but firm decline of any claim should one be necessary...

I'm calling the dealer now and I'll post back their response.