Ford Mondeo zetec MK4 - Legal - Chellian

I purchased a two year old MK4 Ford Mondeo on 29th October 2012. Within 2 weeks i notified the garage it had an intimittent problem with hesitation and stuttering. I also advised that the satnav wasnt working.

7 months on the satnav has only just repaired!

the intimittent fault is now becoming the norm for this car. Motorway driving at between 1800-2200 revs the engine stuters, hesitiates, jumps - feels like youre playing with the accelerator only youre not. Bristol Street have changed the fuel filter, modified and calibrated the injectors (their words) yet still they cannot find a fault as the computers are saying no fault. Ive taken a technician out with me and he felt the fault and booked it in. But no, its been returned again as no fault found.

Ive now had the car 7 months and feel ive given them plenty of opportunity to rectify the issue.

But where do I stand? Ive a car that technically is unfit for purpose as its an absolute nightmare on motorways, yet they cannot find the fault!

It wasnt a cheap car and I paid cash

Ford Mondeo zetec MK4 - Legal - LeeG

I too have a 1.8TDCi MK4 Mondeo Zetec 2010 plate. Had it since March 2012. Went in for it's annual service end of April this year, quite a pricey FULL service at an independant reputable garage. A week later i noticed that the car would misfire between 1800 - 2200 revs in any gear, most noticeable though 3,4 or 5th when it's pulling.

Took back to garage who checked over their work and ran diags but found nothing. They booked it into Ford dealer on my behalf explaining the fault.

Today it has been into Ford under warranty to be checked out (warranty runs out July 31st this year too). As usual they couldn't replicate the fault but have done an ECU software update. I will collect it today and see what it's like. If still the same i too will take a technician out on a "joy ride" and let them experience the fault, especialyl while under Ford warranty. I did howver buy extended warranty from Evans Halshaw so failing that I have something just as worthless to fall back on I suspect.

Ford Mondeo zetec MK4 - Legal - LeeG

*Update*

Well I have to say, well done Ford. Seems the ECU software update has fixed the problem.