Peugeot 308 - Jump start: Negative terminal is not reachable - koliva

Hi all,

I have two Peugeots, 308 and 307. 307's battery is drained due to forgotten headlight. So I am aiming to run it by jump starting from 308. However, the problem is, the negative terminal of the 308's battery is not reachable. I can reach it by removing the red thing on top of the battery but I guess the car won't start before the jump start if I do so. Here is one of the picture of the metal plate under the red cover.

www.peugeotforums.com/forums/attachments/308-44/15...g

Can you tell me where I am going to connect the negative jumper cable? Would it be ok if I connect it to a metal ground surface on the boosting car?

Edited by koliva on 11/05/2013 at 12:20

Peugeot 308 - Jump start: Negative terminal is not reachable - Peter D

Any bare metal chunky part of the engine will do. Many engines have lifting lugs which you can clip onto.

As the battery sounds as though it is very low I would advice on connecting them without the engine running and leave then for 15 minutes. Then start the donor car and leave it idling for minutes then turn the engine off and disconnect one of the leads and try and start the car.

If it will not start then reconnect the lead and try again. Do not start the donor car.

Regards Peter

Peugeot 308 - Jump start: Negative terminal is not reachable - koliva

Perfect. I did whatever you said and it fired up without any hesitation.

Thanks a lot.