Nissan - Warranty - dowden

What does a warranty cover,does it include servicing and mot or is it just breakdowns and bodywork.

Nissan - Warranty - Auristocrat

Are you asking about the new car warranty or approved used car warranty???

Nissan - Warranty - madf

You can always try obtaining an internet copy and reading it..........

Nissan - Warranty - thunderbird
A warranty is exactly what it says i.e. it should fix the car if it goes wrong. There are always T & C's attached and one of those will be you have to service it in strict accordance with the manufacturers schedule. Servicing it will be your responsibility at your expense but most manufacturers offer servicing plans to spread the cost, some are good, some very good and some are a rip off. Some even include MOT's. When you buy you could possibly get a servicing plan thrown in as part of the deal, bargain hard.

It is a one year old nissan so there will be 2 year left on the warranty

Nissan - Warranty - balleballe

The Warranty will generally cover the mechanicals and bodywork (providing it is checked at appropriate service intervals).

I work in Sunderland and a lot of my customers work in Nissan. They tell me that Nissan has a lot of warranty work

Nissan - Warranty - Sulphur Man

Well, Nissan sell lots of cars these days, far more than they did pre-Qashqai.

Warranty work happens, the important factor is that the manufacturer and dealer upholds the warranty terms and restores the car to fully working order with as little inconvenience as possible.

Nissan - Warranty - balleballe

They seem to have good customer service, which is always nice I suppose

Nissan - Warranty - Smileyman

Yes, got over the Renault parts quality control problems - and make nice cars, pity no sunroofs anymore

Madf,i thought this was a forum to ask and answer questions,if we all went straight to the internet what is the point of this forum.

Nissan - Warranty - RT

The important exclusion to all warranties is that wear and tear is excluded and usually applied to any item that can wear, eg clutch, brake pads/discs etc

Nissan - Warranty - oldtoffee

As well as beware the wear and tear clauses, the warranty on some body parts is limited with some manufacturers to 24 months and the 3rd year is sometimes described as a dealer warranty which is not as comprehensive. My wife's Fiat 500 has corrosion on all the alloy wheels that we reported at the second annual service and were told they're a trim item and should have been reported within 12 months. Same with the glass fixed roof which is delaminating at the front edge but it seems they might be relenting on this. Real PITA to deal with and not at all helpful. They refuse to allow the customer to contact them, you have to communicate through the dealer, no names (understandable) but no telephone number, no email address. So they just tell the dealer the bad news and they break it to the customer.

Same alloy problems with my last Subaru and current Hyundai and no quibble almost replacement of all 4 wheels.