Mini Cooper Convertible 1.6 - Tyres - wellpark

My wife's Mini Cooper Convertible 1.6 (Registered Mar 2006) needs all tyres replaced. Please can you advise what best all round tyres I should use?

Many thanks

Gerald Hodge

Mini Cooper Convertible 1.6 - Tyres - MrEckerslikefromRamsbottom

I really don't think anyone can advise you of any particular make or type of tyre to fit - it's down to where you drive and what you want out of a tyre! Do you want a 4-season tyre which you don't need to change when we get ice and snow, or will you simply not take the car out in icy weather? Is all your driving on well-surfaced roads where a tyre with a quiet tread pattern and low rolling-resistance would be ideal, or will you be going down farm tracks where a tyre with a grippy tread patern would be better? Is the car driven in a 'sporty' manner down winding country roads, where a 'performance' tyre is a must, or do you drive with restraint, not wasting fuel, in which case a 'premium' tyre would be cheaper? Do you want a symmetrical tread pattern where the wheels can be swapped around from side to side, or 'directional' tyres which must be correctly fitted to rotate in the correct direction? So many choices, so many decisions! Whatever you see and think may suit, look them up on a Tyre Review Site such as www.tyrereviews.co.uk before you buy. And - in my opinion - buy a respected European or Scandinavian brand, not something from the other side of the world where they haven't learn how to make rubber, yet.