Mazda 5 - Mazda 5 DPF light reset success! - Simon123456789

Warning I am not a mechanic but it worked for me. I am not advising anyone to do this and there is no come back to me if it goes wrong but it worked for me, so I am letting everyone know what I did.

There is a youtube video of what I followed but its none English under resteo DPF mazda5

So I watched this and followed it, this is obviously a foreign car so battery is on the offside(drivers).

I used this wire <*** src="file:///C:/Users/Simon/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image002.jpg" alt="20130414_111449.jpg" width="479" height="359" />

Which is an old extension lead a blue crimp and bit of metal out of the blue wire to insert into the box.

The copper wire needs to be attached to the negative (-) on the battery. Then put the piece of metal coming out of the blue crimp into to the top left socket on the below box.

<*** src="file:///C:/Users/Simon/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image003.gif" alt="" width="31" height="74" /><*** src="file:///C:/Users/Simon/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image005.gif" alt="20130414_111313.jpg" width="479" height="360" />

The box is found here

<*** src="file:///C:/Users/Simon/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image006.gif" alt="" width="36" height="79" /><*** src="file:///C:/Users/Simon/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image008.jpg" alt="20130414_111305.jpg" width="450" height="338" />

This is under the catch for the bonnet.

Once you have done this turn the ignition so that your lights on the dash come on (DON’T TURN TH ENGINE ON).

Notice the light under the DPF light looks like a squiggly ‘W’

Wait for all the lights to go off as normal then you are left with the regular lights and a flashing DPF light. Wait about 5 seconds and then pump the accelerator 10 times.

Now that squiggly ‘W’ comes on then goes off.

Turn the ignition to off and back on and bada bing bada boom success. I had to do this 3 times before it worked but its worked an after 2 years of looking for a solution I’m over the b***** moon. Up yours Mazda s******!