Ford Focus - fault on windscreen?? - paulzed

the front quickclear windscreen has a band about 3" wide top to bottom in the middle that doesn't clear of frost, even after being on for over 5 minutes and the rest has cleared. ford dealer have said this is normal for the model, anyone else have this problem, is it normal???

Ford Focus - fault on windscreen?? - thunderbird

Seem to remember that our Puma, Mondeo and Focus were all like this. The passenger side always cleared first.

Ford Focus - fault on windscreen?? - Cris_on_the_gas

The dealers having you on.

If its under warrenty issist on new windscreen as pretty sure these arn't repairable.

If out of warranty invest in additional can of de icer at 99p a pop or go to Poundland if yer feeling flush and do what we've been doing for years.

Happy motoring.

FORD = Fix Or Repair Daily !

yeh its under warranty still, but if they say its normal for this (a ford dealer) where do i go to insist its changed??

Ford Focus - fault on windscreen?? - BenG

Are there any heating elements (look closely for fine wires) in the area which is not clearing?

If so, it's not normal. They should be working.

If not, it's normal.

Ford Focus - fault on windscreen?? - MrEckerslikefromRamsbottom

Most of the heated screens I've come across have seperate elements for the passenger and driver's side - indeed, I spent a head-scratching hour with a friend trying to work out a problem with fusing for one on a re-built car. My Fiesta screen clears in bands, usually with the passenger side clearing first. The band in the middle, where there's a gap between the two elements, clears last of all.

thanks guys for all coments, i will check out the screen properly when the missus gets back from shopping. lol

Ford Focus - fault on windscreen?? - gasengineer

I had the quickclear screen on my Transit Connect van replaced under warranty for the same reason. The new one soon developed the same problem.

The screen was replaced again when a stone cracked it. All OK for a while but now the third screen has only about 70% working.

Edited by gasengineer on 10/04/2013 at 10:06

Ford Focus - fault on windscreen?? - Ben 10

I've had several Focuses from the Mk1 to the facelifted Mk2. All had quickclear screens and apart from a narrow line in the centre of the screen it is NOT normal for the amount of space you describe.

I presume you are the first owner, so it has a Ford installed windscreen. If its had a generic replacement via a screen/insurance company, Ford wont touch it under warranty. Check the Ford logo. Should be on base of screen.

I'd demand they replace it. If they still deny fault, then if we get any frost in the coming days I'll photo the screen while clearing and sent it to you. If the Mods pass me your email address.