Any - Damage to car caused by local authority equipment - tony g
I'm sat here watching the howling gale and snow falling , I'm just wondering where all the used car buyers are !

But then there weren't about when the weather was better than now .

Just outside is a modern lamp standard that's moving about in the high wind .Perhaps by as much as a foot at the top .

If the lamp was to break and damage one of my cars would I be able to claim from the local authority for damage to my stock ?
Any - Damage to car caused by local authority equipment - Armitage Shanks {p}

You could claim, of course; a settlement might be a very different matter. >:)

Any - Damage to car caused by local authority equipment - daveyjp
They poles are designed to sway. You would need to prove that the pole failed in conditions which were within its design limit, or that it wasn't adequately installed or maintained.

Good luck!
So,are we saying that if the extreme weather conditions were the only reason for the lamp to fall and damage my cars ,the local authority wouldn't pay for the damage .
Any - Damage to car caused by local authority equipment - RT

If the Local Authority hasn't been negligent then local council taxpayers would see no reason to pay you - sometimes you have to claim on your own insurance even though you haven't been negligent.

Any - Damage to car caused by local authority equipment - Collos25

Can you see your cars today I read its snowing or has been snowing a lot so I have read on my daily visit to the T&A web site.I am back in Bradford on Wednesday am after an Insight or Prius Spirit if you come across one.

Hi collos ,sorry that kind of stock is generally main dealer .

I wouldn't recommend the local Honda dealership on canal road ,I called there recently looking for a civic for the mother in law ,they are an amateurish set up .

Honda in Huddersfield are a well regarded family run firm ,you could try them ,they trade as hepworth Honda .

I know them both dealt with Hepworths both in Huddersfield and Horsforth both very good as you say Canal road is a very poor set up.I have seen on the net a Insight at Car Star dealt with them a few times both selling cars to them and buying for export I have had no problems of any kind perhaps just lucky.One Insight on ebay for auction which is reasonable nearby but no rush if you see one and you can make a crust let me know .

Any - Damage to car caused by local authority equipment - daveyjp
Is Honda Canal Road the one where the cars are all priced in a strange fashion such as £8,732, £10,538 etc? I've passed a few times and wondered why they do this. It seems a bt of an odds and sods type of place, the used stock is any marque you can think of, suggesting its a bit of a dumping ground for trade ins.

Edited by daveyjp on 23/03/2013 at 18:10

That's the one ,
The pricing style is apparently a group policy .it indicates how long a cars been in stock £4991 .One month ,£4992 two months etc .

You would think that buyers would quickly have sussed that one and look for a better deal on £4994 stock wouldn't they .
Any - Damage to car caused by local authority equipment - Avant

Even worse if the £10,538 car started at £10,500.

Any - Damage to car caused by local authority equipment - Chris M

tony g - If it were April 1st, I'd say you were pulling our legs. I'm having trouble taking it seriously. Don't the sales staff know how long the stock has been sitting there?

Have you ever seen the staff at EH or Stratstones.

I've lead a sheltered life Collos, not in 35+ years of driving have I bought a car from a dealer.

As collos. Says ,the quality of staff is remarkably poor ,at this particular dealership the salesman that greeted me recently was eating a packet of beef and onion crisps when I called in .The whole showroom smelt strongly of them .

His company issued red waterproof was dirty with scuffs on the front .

In fairness to the salesman he was pleasant enough ,he brought a car round for us to look at ,but bizarrely would talk about anything but the car and what price it could be bought for .For example he didn't mention the better quality of his product ,nor its likely higher value at resale time .

For me it comes down to a lack of continuous training and control .

The dealer we bought from was no better ,dealing with them was tedious ,I felt I had to watch everything they were doing ,there was no sense of trust in our dealings ,I had to ask them to correct several items on the order form before we signed it and paid a deposit .

As to the peculiar pricing policy ,I was told that by an ex sales manager of there's ,what other reason could there be .

I've often wondered. It's usual for retailers to price things in £xx.99 as it looks better than the whole rounded up pound and the same for cars £9,999 rather than £10,000. But £9,981 - I still think 10 grand! Our local Perrys have a car reduced from £6,494 to £6,291 a saving of £203. A fact they highlight prominently. I could take them more seriously if it was £6,499 down to £6,299. Their pricing just make me think they are playing some sort of game.