Ford Focus - Please someone read this and help me - bmh1989
Hi everyone new member here!

I am needing critical advice,

First of all here's the story short and brief

I was involved in an accident on a dual carriage way which hmcaused me to crash in to the barrier and also collide with another car which turned this in the opposite direction.

I'm going to give you the actual full description of the charge to see if anyone can read this and tell me what I can do ? And also am I going to be banned ?

"On 09th February 2013 on a road or other public place namely a9 eastbound near Glasgow you ***** did drive a mechanically propelled vehicle namely motor car registered number ******* dangerously and drive at excessive speeds for the weather conditions and the condition of your vehicle, overtake another vehicle, collide with motor vehicle *******, being driven by *******, collude with his vehicle causing it to spin across the road, onto the hard shoulder and a grass verge facing eastbound, lose control of your vehicle and collide with the central reservation solid wall coming to a halt on the hard shoulder, causing damage to said vehicles and injury to yourself; CONTRARY to the road traffic act 1988, section 2 as amended"

Can someone please please help what's going to happen to me
Ford Focus - Please someone read this and help me - Avant

You'd need to tell us what it was that caused you to crash into the barrier: was it as stated on the charge?

The charge seems oddly vague saying 'A9 near Glasgow'. Normally the police are more precise than that, and in any case the A9 doesn't go very near to Glasgow. It goes from Edinburgh to Stirling and then northwards.

Something odd here. Is this a genuine charge or is someone winding you up?

Ford Focus - Please someone read this and help me - Bilboman

It all sounds very fishy. As Avant says, the road location is extremely imprecise (not even accurate) and despite some official sounding phrases, I find it hard to believe that a Notice of Intended Prosecution (if this is what you are quoting from) would contain phrases like "mechanically propelled vehicle namely motor car" (antiquated), "causing it to spin across the road" (imprecise) ,"coming to a halt on the hard shoulder" (irrelevant).
It does sound remarkably like a wind-up: all that's missing is some lines from Gilbert and Sullivan, maybe a few "Ello ello ellos" and an "'Evenin' all!" to make the story complete.
Did you receive this in the regular post, or was it Registered or Recorded Delivery? Did it actually come from a Sheriff's court? Was the letter franked or did it have a stamp on it? Was it a Scottish stamp?
I'm intrigued - do keep us posted on developments. Worst case scenario is a 12 month driving ban and compulsory re-test and more than a few crisp notes worse off, but it might be a big wind up from someone who knows you.

Ford Focus - Please someone read this and help me - Dwight Van Driver
To me it seems all baloney....but its Sco'land.

Does the citation give a Court date and place or does it just mention the consideration of a prosecution i.e. Notice of Intended Prosecution???
If Court date and place mentioned then this could be a summons (unlikely because of the description of the charge).

In either case the paperwork should contain information as to the office that has sent it and therefore check-able.

Normally a NOIP or summons would only mention that a motor vehicle was being driven dangerously at a location on a time and date. A description of the circumstances being outlined in the accompanying summons Statement of Facts.

Do enlarge, like others I am intrigued.

dvd