Bosch SGS4012 - Dishwasher - freman

Firstly this is the non-self igniting model !

Recently when removing the top tray after a wash I saw that the upper wash arm & rotor was layiing on the bottom tray.

On trying to replace it I coud not see any way of fixing it to the water feed moulding at the rear of the machine.

There appears to be two spigots on the moulding to locate the arm, the top is the water feed, the lower is blank, the water feed arm to the rotor has a plastic matching insert.

This appears to be the only way of attachment, is this correct?

Ihave chacked the bottom of the machine & filters for any broken pieces but cannot find any.

Any help please.as it is now retained by a cable tie, I also see that there are two slots in the rear moulding that engage to the upper tray.

Bosch SGS4012 - Dishwasher - blindspot

should just push back in. dont force , feel click

Thank you Blindspot, I have tried your sugestion but no joy.

I wonder if over the years the water temperature & chemicals in the tablets have caused the holes in the plastic insert to enlarge.

Bosch SGS4012 - Dishwasher - jamie745

should just push back in. dont force , feel click

That's good advice universally.

Bosch SGS4012 - Dishwasher - TeeCee

Go to bosch-home.co.uk, follow the "Store" link and "Spare parts".

You'll find exploded diagrams and part numbers. Now I cannot be sure as you have not quoted the suffix to that model, but it looks like the upper arm has a knob that fits through it and bayonets into place from the pic.

The upper feed, rotor arm and retaining knob are available as a set for 25 quid.

Thank you TeeCee, all is now revealed.

I got my theories all a***e about about face, it seemed logical to me to me that the upper arm should be in situ ready for the top tray to engage in the slots.

Fiendishly clever these k****s

I can only surmise that when the lower tray was withdrawn some piece of crockery dragged it off the slots in the top tray.

Thanks also for the spares website, as we also have an oven, washing machine & fridge from the same stable.

Bosch SGS4012 - Dishwasher - TeeCee

My pleasure.

Worth remembering when purchasing that Bosch, Siemens and Electrolux/AEG all have full parts availability online with exploded diagrams like that.

Possibly others, but those three I know for a fact.