Oil "Bible" - THe Growler
Some good while ago there was a link to an excellent site that laid bare the mysteries of lubricating oils in lay terms. I can't find it with "search" - can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks
Oil - John S
Growler

it's all in:

www.fernblatt.com/longhurst/index.html

Regards

John S
Oil - Mark (RLBS)
www.fernblatt.com/longhurst/

And it showed up on my search for "oil bible".
Oil - eMBe {P}
I can't access the above "oil-bible" site nor the "redirected link" from it anymore. can anyone else access it or is it just my pc?
Oil - Dynamic Dave
Mobo, it would appear both links are dead.
Oil - CMark {P}
As you say Growler et al, an excellent site. Also well worth reading the section on Engine Oil Additives (cribbed from Road Rider) which certainly seems to explode a few myths...

CMark
Oil - THe Growler
Whatever, search didn't work for me. Anyway, many thanks to all concerned. My local biker forum is in animated discussion on this topic (mainly which of the proliferating brands of super-gloop they should inflict on their prides and joys) and this will be very useful.
Oil - Dizzy {P}
Here's another excellent 'oil bible':
www.unofficialbmw.com/all/misc/all_oilfaq.html
Oil - Claude
I couldnt access the site www.fernblatt.com/longhurst either and the redirected link didnt work. And nor did www.chris-longhurst.com which is stated to be the home site. My search engines (All the Web and Google) only found the above sites and not the re-directed site. Have to forget that suggestion unless someone whose redirected link DOES work would be kind enough to post the correct site address.Thanks.
Oil - Hairy Hat Man
I know Chris Longhurst has been having some problems with his sites lately. Just keep trying them.
Oil - Hairy Hat Man
Looks like the Chris longhurst sites are back up again.

www.chris-longhurst.com/carbibles/index.html?menu....l