Buying Mercon V autofluid - online ? - Surrey_Scientist
Does anyone know of a source of Mercon V automatic transmission fluid .

I wish to do a fluid change in my Mazda6 - the fluid is becoming discoloured, and I understand it has a Ford automatic box that needs Mercon V spec fluid, not the usual Dexron.

Loads of places selling Dexron III, (which I assume I cannot use), but nowhere selling Mercon V.

I would need approx a 5litre can.

Does anyone know an online source of this fluid (my work schedule makes it difficult to get to the shops) so I can get a can delivered, or failing that a motor factors that will sell in this quantity.

I'm based South London/Surrey borders.

Thanks guys !

Edited by Pugugly {P} on 09/11/2007 at 22:57

Buying Mercon V autofluid - online ? - robcars
never heard of mercon. is it mazdas own fluid (dexron with their own label on)?

probably only get it from mazda dealer if so. Ask them if dexron is ok to be used?
Mercon is Fords auto fluid specification, in the same way Dexron is General Motors speciifcation.

Done some research on the web, seems more cars in the US use Mercon, not a lot of european ones.

I think the Mondeo may use Mercon spec fluid, not Dexron, don't know if any mondeo owners can verify this.

Buying Mercon V autofluid - online ? - Altea Ego
I thought Mercon and Dexron were the same specification ATF.
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Buying Mercon V autofluid - online ? - Aprilia
Dexron III fluids have been dual-rated with the Mercon specification for a long time. Mercon-V is an "enhanced" version of Mercon with better low/high-temp performance, improved oxidation stability, and improved dynamic friction retention.

You could use something like Amsoil 'universal' fluid (meets Mercon V) or use a good Dexron III and put in some Lubegard MV additive to bring it up to the Mercon V specification. Other than that, I guess your Mazda sells the OEM fluid?

Buying Mercon V autofluid - online ? - Hamsafar
Be careful with Amsoil, they use evasive and misleading language such as 'meets' or 'can be used where an xxxx is specified' - but they have very few proper approvals.

I always get such fluids from local distributors in 20litre platic containers for about £40-45. Look on yell.com for Texaco, Shell Esso type distributors and give them a ring (check their websites for the right product first) if you get through to them and they don't deal with individuals, ask them if they sell to anyone who does, and they usually give you someone near you.

Thanks for the advice

Dexron III plus additive may well be an efficient route, as Dexron III readily avaiable, just have to find supplier of the additive.

Is it OK to drain and refill a few times with Dexron III, with a short drive to distribute new fluid, to ensure I flush out old fluid from the torque convertor , and put in the Lubegard MV additive at the last refill, or will I cause damage by driving a few 100yds with just Dexron III and no additive ?
Buying Mercon V autofluid - online ? - carboy0
I am looking for Mercon V too.

It is used in Jaguar V8 auto as well as US Fords.

But I ain't paying Jag prices.

Carboy0
Buying Mercon V autofluid - online ? - baklava
In the UK Mercon V fluid is recognised under the Ford Europe spec of: wss-m2c202-b, product name: E-M5, stock no.8000045, used in focus 1.6 autos, £8.50 a litre from your local Ford dealer. Alternatively £9.50 from halfords who sell their own brand which conforms to the wss-m2c202-b spec.