M reg Peugeot 306 heater fan switch - Crinkly Dave
Anyone removed the fan switch from a 306 recently?
I am trying to find the cause of a non-functional fan for a nephew. I have checked motor, relays, fuses and resistor pack, and all seems OK
I started to remove the heater controls & switch a la Haynes,but after removing all it said (various panels, radio, various controls) and unscrewing the control panel I tried to get it out through the slot in the facia, but couldn't manage it. It seems to me that the facia would have to come out, but hope I am wrong.
The manual shows the heater resistor as having 4 resistors, so even at top speed the current would go via a resistor. On other motors I have worked on the top speed was direct, and lower speeds obtained by letting the supply go through 1,2 or 3 resistors. Is it a error by Mr Haynes?
M reg Peugeot 306 heater fan switch - elekie&a/c doctor
Have you checked for any power &earth circuit to the fan motor?I have seen loads of 306s with inop heater fans caused by a burnt out multi -pin connector that is located/clipped to right hand side of heater box just above clutch pedal,usually a 3 or 4 pin connector.
M reg Peugeot 306 heater fan switch - DL
yes....heater fan relay terminals burnt out......done two last week!

--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn - Pictures say a thousand words.....
M reg Peugeot 306 heater fan switch - Crinkly Dave
Yes
Circuit through fuses and relays OK, but I will try and find the terminal you refer to.
As a temporary measure (the screen was freezing up on the inside) I have the motor running at full speed, earthed via a switch. I suspect the fault may be with the switch, or the earth leading from it, but can't check with it behind the fascia
M reg Peugeot 306 heater fan switch - DL
The relay contact plate I have seen burnt out was on a 1998 306TD with a/c - the relay in the passenger compartment (Driver's side) fusebox had burnt it's connectors out resulting in a power failure to the HEVAC controls. Nothing would work at all, suggesting a major power supply faliure.

Yours does sound like a switch/earthing problem though...

--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn - Pictures say a thousand words.....
M reg Peugeot 306 heater fan switch - stokie
elekie&a/c doctor you're a star!
I found the multiplug connector just above the clutch thanks to your tip, the two halves had come loose and pushing them together firmly solved the problem, and also got various dashboard lights working e.g. glow plug light and heater control lights.
Many thanks!