Meguiar's Polish - Schuey
I have only recently heard of this branded product. I went to VW Gti International at Bruntingthorpe at the weekend. There was an agent there for the polish, but the girl on the stand knew very little about the product.

I currently use Autoglym, Super Resin and Gloss Protection. It's good.

Is Meguiar's as good? Zymol is expensive but produces excellent results but I cannot afford the Zymol prices.
Meguiar's Polish - DP
I still prefer Auto Glym to Meguiars, although recently tried Mer which I was quite impressed with.

To be honest, after trying all manner of polishes and cleaning products and I always seem to come back to Auto Glym.

Cheers
DP
Meguiar's Polish - L'escargot
Are any of these upmarket polishes really significantly better than the more mundane products like the Turtle Wax "Original" that I (occasionally!) use? I usually just wash the car using Turtle Wax "Zip Wax" and finish off with a chamois leather and rain beads very nicely on it.
--
L\'escargot.
Meguiar's Polish - Hamsafar
The best polish without paying a lot was Comma High Gloss from Wilkos, it was as easy as Autoglym to use and pretty much as good. but Wilkos seem to have dropped a lot of the Comma stuff this season in favour of Simoniz .
Meguiar's Polish - oldgit
All these glamorous polishes, that seem to cost the earth, are basically those based on Carnauba wax, which is all very fine and good but ultimately, after being applied and then having aged and oxidised by the sun and rain etc. will begin to dull and need frequent re-application.

It's a slippery slope, I'm afraid to say, in that once you've started heavy waxing then you have got to keep doing it especially if you have dark coloured finished on your cars.

My car is finished in the ubiquitous Silver and so it does not really matter what polish I use - owning both Meguiars and Autoglym products.
Meguiar's Polish - mike hannon
I've been an assiduous reader of old car magazines for decades. Until Meguiar's ads started appearing a couple of years ago claiming decades at the top of the business I'd never heard of the stuff.
The recent marketing battle over upmarket car polish is like the hi-fi equipment business used to be, or still is for all I know - 20 per cent reality and 80 per cent bulldust.
Turtle Wax or Mer is all you need...
Meguiar's Polish - Xileno {P}
Mer is top stuff. Economical to use and doesn't stain black trim if you're careless like me.
Meguiar's Polish - J Bonington Jagworth
Client of mine who runs a small garage (workshop and sales) uses Mer all the time.
Meguiar's Polish - Vansboy
We ditched Autoglym years ago, for stock vehicles, choosing Mer instead.

I still use it now, on the Omega, or any vehicles for sale.It being a polish, not just wax.

But tried - & certainly converted, to Meguiars for NEW vehicles.

Mrs V's Mx5 just over 3years old now, only used their Gold Class Wax, together with Gold Class wash, till last summer. Then NXT Generation stuff & you really can't beat either. Easy to use, no residue & not that much more expensive, 'cos you need less product!The car looks 'just out of the box' still!

& as Halfords now stock it, guess it'll soon be on a 3 for 2 or similar offer sometime!!

Alternativly, if you ask a local independent parts shop, buy accross the range & he SHOULD do a deal, it's a high margin for him after all!!

VB
Meguiar's Polish - Roberson
Meguiars waxes' always score well in tests against other products, more often than not, above Autogylm.
Are any of these upmarket polishes really significantly better than the
more mundane products like the Turtle Wax "Original" that I (occasionally!)
use?

Depends what you mean by 'better'. Sometimes, the more expensive waxes are easier to apply, don't produce as much dust or 'swirl' marks on the paint, produce a better shine, buff off more easily etc etc. Personally, I don't think many of the waxes are designed to do much else that to beautify paintwork. They'll probably claim to offer some superior protection, but in reality its probably not much.

Like I keep saying, I use BiltHambers' 'Autobalm'. Easier to apply, produces a better finish and fills swirl marks better than any of the opposition. Also, the only wax available which is fully waterproof.

But I guess its just preference, like some prefer certain makes of tea or beer.
Meguiar's Polish - turbo11
RE. Meguiars.Not sure about their polish, but I have been using their mirrorglaze wax for over twenty years with fantastic results.I use Autoglym polish having switched from mer.
Meguiar's Polish - tr7v8
Just to make it clear Polish & wax are 2 different things.
I've just got some Rejex via a group buy on Porsche Net, the guy who did the group buy reckons it's the dogs....
Apparently it lasts ages and means the car cleans quickly with just a rinse over, they say use it on all surfaces including windscreens, glass, lights etc. It comes from Helicopter technology apparently & is used on aircraft.
www.corrosionx.com/rejex.html

& No haven't used it yet but will!