DVLA Information - BobbyG
Does anyone know what info DVLA hold regarding vehicle ownership?
Reason I am asking, I found out through another forum that there was a recall on rear seatbelts of Scenics. I phoned dealer who confirmed that my car was included, and it is booked in tomorrow to get done.
I wrote to Renault to ask why I had not been notified and their answer was:

I am sorry you did not receive the recall notice. I can appreciate why you were concerned. I have looked into why this happened.
I regret that you were not informed because the DVLA didn't have your details on their database. The DVLA should have the most up to date details for all drivers and this is the most reliable way we have of getting in touch with our customers. We double-check ownership details through our own network of dealers and our customer database, but because cars change hands regularly, it is not always possible to contact the owner of every vehicle affected.
As an additional precautionary measure, we also make our dealer network aware of cars to be recalled. Therefore, the necessary work can often be carried out during routine visits.

Now I have the V5 doc and was able to renew car tax online so assume they must have my details! Are Renault spinning a story here?

DVLA Information - Xileno {P}
Do you receive your vehicle licence reminder in the post? Maybe it got lost in the post.

The recall is to do with the rear seat belt stalks. The work is very small but the threadlock used on the securing screw takes 6 - 8 hours to fully cure. You can remove the seats and leave them with the dealer if this is more convenient.

DVLA Information - BobbyG
Xileno, I said this to the dealer (as per the other forum). Dealer insisted that I could leave the seats with him but that they still needed the car as well, albeit only for an hour?

A bit irrelevant for me as I am leaving the car anyway so that they can look at the air conditioning problem.

And yes, I received the vehicle licence reminder through the post.
DVLA Information - L'escargot
You can do an online search for recalls at tinyurl.co.uk/02if
--
L\'escargot.