New Seat Leon - AR-CoolC
Well it's eventually arrived having ordered it at the end of September when they were launched, and I have to say, I'm over the moon with it.

Picked it up yesterday, and already covered over 300 miles in it.
1.9TDI (105bhp) stylance with metalic black paint, bluetooth phone kit and some lovely 17's.

www.seat.co.uk/generator/su/uk/newLeon/site/main.h...l

Pretty much the same as the black car plastered all over the site above.

Maybe a RF stylee transformation is in order, any sugestions?
New Seat Leon - barchettaman
Glad you´re so pleased with it!
Having seen a few in the metal now I personally think the Altea is the more successful design...obviously the Toledo was designed with help from D. Blunkett.
Sure you´ll enjoy it even more as the engine loosens up.
New Seat Leon - mr.freezer
Nice choice, I'm looking at one myself. I haven't seen many about though and it seems to get mixed reviews.

I know its early days but does it have a bit of punch ?

Also, (boring stuff) how does the trim and dash look out of the packet, as it were, as one magazine didn't like it and another said it was alright?

New Seat Leon - AR-CoolC
It has pretty good punch, but as you say it's early days and it needs to loosen up. I wanted the 2.0 really, but it was just outside my car alowance.

The dash and plastics are much better in the flesh. When I went to look at the car in the showroom, the interior looked fine, but this was before I had read any reviews, who all mention the cheap plastics and slab like dash. But I actually like it and would say the plastics are all comparable with anything else in its class.

The one thing I would recoment though is the bluetooth kit, as long as you have a compatible phone, it downloads the complete phone book to the car, name and number of the caller displayed on the dash, and all controls on either the washer stalk or the steering wheel. Very neat.

It needs a clear already though after now 400 miles.
New Seat Leon - AR-CoolC
edit - clear to clean
New Seat Leon - mr.freezer
Thanks for that, the 2.0 is out of my budget as well.

What other cars did you look at before making your decision ?
New Seat Leon - madf
what is the engine noise like (inside)? I find VW diesels rather rough.
madf
New Seat Leon - AR-CoolC
The engine is a little noisy during heavy acceleration, but well within acceptable levels.
New Seat Leon - jase1
The only thing I'd say about the Leon is that although the dash is obviously well made with decent plastics, it lacks the feel of the old Leon which has the appearance of a higher quality car. Oh, and the glovebox is teeny-tiny.

But then I'm not one for dashboard looks, and having had a quick once-around-the-block in the 2l version I have to say it's a nice drive.
New Seat Leon - AR-CoolC
Oh, and the glovebox is teeny-tiny.

Thats a good piont and one thing I am disapionted about, it won't even hold a CD (but there is a CD rack in the centre console). I hadn't looked at this in the showroom so can't complain too much.

New Seat Leon - Zippy123
I am driving a TD Altea at the moment. Its a hire care whilst my Vectra is in the garage again.

It handles well and goes very well for a diesel it also has lots of toys but I think they have sacrificed materials quality for the toys - SWMBO has a Touran, effectively the same base car and whilst the toys are not as good the cabin quality is better.

Also the aircon control is operated by buttons to increase and decrease temperature. A knob imo is much safer.
New Seat Leon - Robert J.
We had a look at an altea, and I thought it was very good. The salesman did let on though that they have had a bit of a problem with those wipers that park in the window pillars. Apparently they can pack snow into the recess and then not park properly