Silly Thread Volume IV - Flat in Fifth

Thread locked. Volume V is here

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=22741

Seeing as Vol III is up to >100 posts thought I would start another one seeing as the next post is rather a long one.

How many posters does it take to change a lightbulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed.

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light
bulb could have been changed differently.

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.

27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs.

53 to flame the spell checkers.

41 to correct spelling/grammar flames.

1 to point out that in certain Pacific Rim countries one can get bikini
clad nymphets to deliver and change the bulb.

6 to argue over whether it\'s \"lightbulb\" or \"light bulb\"

...another 6 to condemn those 6 as anally-retentive

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is \"lamp\"

15 know-it-alls who claim *they* were in the industry, and that \"light bulb\"
is perfectly correct

156 to email the participant\'s ISPs complaining that they are in violation
of their \"acceptable use policy\"

109 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take
this discussion to a lightbulb forum

203 to demand that cross posting to technical forum, I have a question thread,
and Xenon headlight thread about changing light bulbs be stopped

111 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs,
we all drive to the shops to buy them and therefore the posts *are* relevant
to this forum

306 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to
buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique
and what brands are faulty

27 to post URL\'s where one can see examples of different light bulbs

14 to post that the URL\'s were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected
URL\'s

3 to post about links they found from the URL\'s that are relevant to this
forum which therefore makes light bulbs relevant to this forum.

33 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all
headers and signatures, and add \"Me too\" or add a smiley!

12 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot
handle the light bulb controversy

19 to quote the \"Me too\'s\" to say \"Me three\"

4 to suggest that posters request the light bulb FAQ

44 to ask what is a \"FAQ\"

56 to discuss whether it is A \"FAQ\" or AN \"FAQ\"

4 to say \"didn\'t we go through this already a short time ago?\"

143 to say \"do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about
light bulbs\"

6 to say light bulbs last longer if you don\'t press the switch so fast.

45 to then turn it round to speed cameras.

457 to complain about non standard bulbs in front fog lights.

7 to complain about the Audi pop ups.

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start
it all over again
Silly Thread Volume IV - HF
Fantastic!

Reminds me of something but I can\'t think what......
Silly Thread Volume IV - M.M
Hmm in the Friday spirit I would add (oh is it only Wednesday...you peaked too early FIF)...

You\'ve forgotten a last minute post from HJ saying Shell Optimax will make the light bulbs last longer....and a rather terse final \"OK I think that\'s enough folks\" from one our moderators!

M.M
...you peaked too early FIF...

Risking a censure from Mark but judging by the amount of spam I get offering me all sorts of herbal and other remedies there might be a cure for that!

Above shamelessly nicked from elsewhere but edited to \"fit\".

Couldn\'t think of a link between light bulbs and scuttle plates though! Well there it is!
Silly Thread Volume IV - Dynamic Dave
FiF,

There is already a Silly Thread Vol III. I will rename to Vol IV (eventually)
Silly Thread Volume IV - Hugo {P}
FiF,
There is already a Silly Thread Vol III. I will rename
to Vol IV (eventually)

Oh good, I\'m glad someone else has seen the light!!! ;)
Silly Thread Volume IV - frostbite
Loved it!

But couldn't work out whether Bayonet Cap or Edison Screw lightbulbs were under discussion.
Silly Thread Volume IV - andymc {P}
ROFLMAO FiF, encapsulates this place to a T - particularly enjoyed the "bikini" reference, very well done!
andymc
Spiders and door mirrors - bertj
I know this is silly but the cars in our family always seem to have spiders living in the door mirror! Every morning there is a new web from the mirror to the door frame. The small spider can sometimes be spotted zooming back behind the mirror glass.
One spider even went to France and back on a three week holiday!
Just amusing, that's all.
Spiders and door mirrors - volvoman
What did it think about French cuisine ?
Spiders and door mirrors - AR-CoolC
I think Ford fit them at the factory.
Spiders and door mirrors - Blue {P}
Try Toyota, they're just as bad.

My Grans Corolla always had a web down the door, she traded it in, spider included, and we thought that would be the back of it.

About two weeks after getting the Focus another spider took up residence in the door mirror!

Blue
Spiders and door mirrors - bartycrouch
My little Toyota had one in each mirror and one in the boot handle. I didn't even bother to knock the webs down after a while. I looked like Miss Haversham's Chauffeur.
Spiders and door mirrors - Flat in Fifth
Personally I blame the internet........ the world wide web.

Boom Boom.

(courtesy Basil Brush book of jokes :-P)
Spiders and door mirrors - Dwight Van Driver
FiF

And there is one which is on the Sex Offenders Register----
It frightended Miss Muppet...

DVD
Spiders and door mirrors - Flat in Fifth
and just what the devil are curds and whey anyway?

Some sort of latterday Rice Crispies?
Spiders and door mirrors - andymc {P}
"and just what the devil are curds and whey anyway?

Some sort of latterday Rice Crispies?"

Nope - if you leave some milk out of the fridge for two or three days, it separates into the white blobby bits and the clear-ish liquid bit. The blobby bits are the curds, the clear bits are the whey. Curds are used for making cheese. I find it profoundly depressing that I know this. Guess I'd better have more beeeerr - the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.
andymc
Spiders and door mirrors - J Bonington Jagworth
I have them on my motorbike, and never fail to be amazed how durable they (the webs and the spiders) seem to be. Good way to catch flies, I guess, if they can hang on...
Spiders and door mirrors - DenisO
Landrovers have them factory fitted as standard. My 90 has spiders that have lived in it for 3 years since I bought it. I have named every one and they will actually answer to gentle coaxing.
Spiders and door mirrors - Pugugly {P}
Funny---I imported a whole family of them with the Defender, As far as I am aware they still ocuppyit !
Spiders and door mirrors - Ian (Cape Town)
Funny---I imported a whole family of them with the Defender...

I would have thought the Defender would have had enough bits rattling around inside, without "a spider, which wriggled and jiggled and tickled inside her ..."
Spiders and door mirrors - volvoman
Seem to remember hearing something about the amazing strength of spider 'silk' as compared to its mass. Can't remember the exact details but apparently if man could produce such a material it would revolutionise all sorts of technologies. Now who's going to fill in the detail ?
Spiders and door mirrors - Dynamic Dave
Fly spray seems to shift 'em. Or at least kill them until the next family move in, anyway.
Spiders and door mirrors - THe Growler
I don't think that's a very caring remark. Spiders have rights after all.
Spiders have rights after all.

Not in my mirrors they don't.
Spiders and door mirrors - bertj
That's horrible! Spiders are Good Things. They eat flies; think how many more flies you would have splattered on your car without them.
That's the reason I use fly spray. It has a double purpose. Not only does it kill the spiders, it also kills the flies as well.
Spiders and door mirrors - Wally Zebon
I use my windscreen and radiator grill to kill flies!

Spiders and door mirrors - Dry bearings
I have a spider in my boot,helps me to get the wheel nuts off!
Spiders and door mirrors - Hugo {P}
That's horrible! Spiders are Good Things. They eat flies; think how
many more flies you would have splattered on your car without
them.

I just wish they'd earn their keep by de bugging my windscreen once in a while!

****Signature? - Ideas on a postcard please anyone!****

****We never stop learning****

Hugo
Spiders and door mirrors - Obsolete
Me too. I used to enjoy watching the spider struggling to get back into the mirror while I was doing 70 mph. Small pleasures. No mice. Yet.
Spiders and door mirrors - J Bonington Jagworth
" I used to enjoy watching the spider ... while I was doing 70 mph"

That would be an interesting defence!
Spiders and door mirrors - Nortones2
Leif: not fair to frighten your passengers. Although I don't think the IAM manual covers this: a surprising and disturbing oversight.
Silly Thread Volume IV - Pugugly {P}
FiF,
You left one out.

\"That the reason that the light-bulb failed and wasn\'t replaced in time, that the room had to be closed for 8 hours causing all kinds of chaos, was that the Police are in charge of the bulb are lazy/eating/going home/off sick (delete where applicable) and that they prefer automatic \"safety\" light bulb changers anyway \'cos this inflates their budgets and egos. And that had the Officer on duty given the bulb a telling off it would never have had to be replaced. And the Police are always saying that bulbs need replacing when they clearly innocent of faliure - and don\'t even mention the Courts and lawyers.\"
Silly Thread Volume IV - Technoprat {P}
Two elderly women were out driving in a large car, both could barely see over the dashboard. As they were cruising along they came to an intersection. The stoplight was red but they just went on through.
The woman in the passenger seat thought to herself, "I must be losing my mind, I swear we just went through a red light."
After a few more minutes they came to another intersection and the light was red again, and again they went right through. This time the woman in the passenger seat was almost sure that the light had been red, but was really concerned that she was mistaken.
She was getting nervous and decided to pay very close attention to the road and the next intersection to see what was going on.
At the next intersection, sure enough, the light was definitely red and they went right through. She turned to woman driving and said, "Mildred! Did you know we just ran through three red lights in a row! You could have killed us!"
Mildred turned to her and said, "Oh, am I driving?"
Silly Thread Volume IV - THe Growler
LOL A certain Mildred -- Mildred Chan -- was my secretary in my Hong Kong days and was a fearsome lady who would never have failed so consummately. She used to terrify me and I was her boss. She put up with the gwei-lo's but secretly held us all in contempt.

Rails buckling. Italian coffee shops running out of cold drinks. People falling over from heat exhaustion. This sounds like imminent Armageddon, the global eco-warming loonies are dancing around in their beards and open-toed sandals writing letters to the Grauniad saying I told you so then you find out the temp is a mere 35 C. Jesus, that's a mere middle of the night number in a Philippines April.

" and don't even mention the Courts and lawyers."

Ah that prevents a mention to Light Bulb Claim Direct then.

where you can sue for the bulb having 5% shorter life than expected with all the consequent costs for rehabilitation with back pain due to having to fetch the steps from the shed, psychological counselling due to the unexpected darkness, loss of amenity, whiplash due to falling off stepladder....bla bla bla

LOL, look forward to California and Arnie as the Gubernator.
FIF: got to add this. By total coincidence I just changed a bulb.

Your detailed instructions were helpful, but omitted to point out that doing so with a damp hand resulting from the condensation of a very cold bottle of San Miguel was not a good thing to do.

I have as a result just received the full force of 230v 50 khz from the combined resources of the Manila Light Rail and Electric Company.
nee naw nee naw nee naw nee naw..............

[sirens from the teams of emergency lawyers heading towards Growler / Manila Light Rail and Electric Co / San Miguel Brewery. Blue $ signs flashing on the roof.

Going to sign off, big thunderstorm here and wouldn't like a spike up the line, or anywhere else come to think of it.

Don't think even Claims Direct managed to sue God.

Silly Thread Volume IV - Pugugly {P}
Ah ! unless it was light bulb, made in the UK and imported from cyprus whereby there is no warranty at all and is badged "Eunos" instead of "Mazda" and consequently worthless on the UK market with no hope of recourse. But in the darkness and the chaos a smartly dressed man comes along and says - 'You "fell" out of the socket fill this form in and we'll sue the pants off everyone in the BR.'
Thanks Pug for providing that coffee meets monitor moment!
It's my birthday today and as my friend the good Doctor Yumul keeps telling me I'm far older than I have a right to be.

What follows is a Filipino custom on one's birthday, a bit self-indulgent so do click on by if you prefer --I'd like to greet all the Back-Roomers who by turns entertain, annoy and inform me, and thank them for their usually learned, oftentimes passionate, frequently witty and occasionally exasperated/ing postings. It would be invidious to single out anyone by name but you all know who you are. I'm even more warmly disposed to Mark than usual. But don't get any ideas, this is just today, right? (TIC) DD, well you've always been nice to me anyway. As for Stephen it's a tough job but someone has to do it. We need you even if we don't always say so. Trust me.

If I have annoyed irritated or elevated anyone's blood pressure with my own rantings over the last couple of years I humbly apologise. This is the only day of the year I will humbly do anything so make the most of it.

I also thank those posters who have been kind enough to email me on numerous topics so that we can start our own individual discussions stimulated by the introductions to each other that occurred via this Board. I feel I have made new and intersting friends this way and I owe that to the BR.

I can't put one behind the bar for all of you from so far away, Would that I could.
Bafta should be here soon in the Republic (typhoons and coup attempts permitting) and perhaps we can redress that in some small way by proxy like a shareholders' meeting in a offshore company.. We'll try and post some pics, meanwhile enjoy that get together DanJ has so nobly organized.

In particular I would like to thank HJ: we all owe him a debt of gratitude for being the catalyst of what we are all now privileged to share, and get so much out of. It's no accident my Home Page is set to www.honestjohn.co.uk. I hope one day HJ you'll find a day or two to fit us in on one of your Thai odysseys, I can promise it would be memorable and we're almost next door to Koh Samui after all..... Thank you also for the occasional witty e-mails you send me. How you gather and maintain so much up to date info on everything motoring is astounding: I have lost count of the many times I have referenced the site to friends, relatives and people who need straight down the middle unbiased info on what to buy with their hard earned pennies, or help with what their mechanical problem is and where to go to get a good deal, with no marketing or partisan BS. Indeed just recently my sister in Lancing who needed a new car and was totally confused by the welter of info she got, bought a new Fiesta after perusing the site and the info from HJ's comments and the many posters' experiences and is delighted with the car she got, the service and the price she paid for it.

Okay some frivolity is in order. There is a sizeable extended family some of whom I may or may not be responsible for genetically but they seem to be mostly young and female. Anyway they all showed up for a birthday session round the pool at lunch-time yesterday. It may have owed more to the prospect of free Domino's Pizza and Pepsi than my patrician good looks, or maybe it was my Harley (I gave 'em all a ride on the back....of the bike) but anyway they made it.

Growlette greets you too. I chucked in a picture of my daughter Alexandra who is out here from Kent at the moment and complaining that the Philippines is not as hot as the UK and the sun isn't shining. I'll see if we can organise another military coup attempt to keep her entertained.

tinyurl.com/hnkp

Well it's hell in the tropics as they say.

My head feels like **** and my eyes look like 2 fried eggs in a bucket of blood. I must check my San Miguel Brewery shares, they should have gained a notch or two.....

Life is good.

One last thing: everyone drive safe please, that means you. And bikers just remember always that the rubber goes on the road and the shiny side stays on top.

Big G.

Hey, many happy returns of the day Growler. Here's to many more of the same, so we can all continue enjoying your posts from a far-flung land. Considering the auspicious occasion, I'll drink some of our local fire-water (distilled spud-skins, actually - 200% proof!) to your health.

Hah, I was on the San Miguel too till some time after 4am on Saturday night/Sunday morning, with some Latin American friends. Only had four hours sleep, but felt completely fine afterwards - hope you have the same result!
andymc
>>(distilled spud-skins, actually - 200% proof!)

Oh boy, brings back some memories of long ago trekking through rural western (republic of) Ireland, searching for that stuff, which was not legal in those days. It was a real case of asking 'the bloke behind the bar', who whispered that 'you might try Mr O'Dearyme in the corner, who then might direct you on to someone else. After a lot of that, and a long drive and then walk into the midst of nowhere, we came across a farm, of sorts, full of scarey-looking people. We dared to ask the question - and were invited into the farmhouse kitchen for a sample, and some friendly chat, and then bought a 2 litre bottle from them.

I have *never* been so ill as I was the following day. It is the one thing, apart from gin, that I will never, ever be tempted to touch again.

Oh and the point of all that was to echo andy's happy birthday to Growler. Have a great night!
HF

Deary, deary me HF, you actually went looking for the stuff? And there I thought you were a respectable, upstanding citizen - well, upstanding before you drank the stuff anyway. Please tell me you didn't finish the 2-litre bottle in one go, which would be the eqivalent of about six bottles of whiskey. A tip for you is to dissolve boiled sweets called brandyballs in it and serve hot - yum!

"which was not legal in those days"

No comment. Pity I can't make the Backroom meet though!
andymc
>>Please tell me you didn't finish the 2-litre bottle in one go

Lord no!! Just a few glugs IIRC! I was not then the hardened drinker that I am today ;) (but made the mistake of drinking water the next morning - not good)

Erm - went looking purely out of bullying from fellow travellers. Of course I protested, but got outvoted.

I *would* try the brandyballs - but honestly, and this incident was a *long* time ago, even thinking about it turns my stomach to this day!

And yes, it *is* a pity you can't make the BR meet. Maybe one day, eh?

Take care.

HF
Thanks and may your shadow never grow less. We did do a bit of a job on ourselves last night, resulting in a need for a good old grease up and a cold brew for breakfast and have burdened the hj pic site with yet more. But do check the babes out.
Silly Thread Volume IV - hootie
Add my greetings to you too Growler - I always enjoy reading your posts. Sounds like a good time was had by all anyway :)

(Kent is indeed sizzling, and the tarmac slowly turning to goo! Have heeded the warnings especially after the thunderstorm and downpour yesterday morning though - thanks)

Hootie x
Silly Thread Volume IV - terryb
Many happy returns Growler! If you can't remember everything that happened yesterday you had a good time!

My Brother's fifty-somethingth today so I'll be in the same boat tomorrow!

Terry
Silly Thread Volume IV - Maz
Yes, happy birthday Growler old chap. Thanks for the laughter, the outrage and the old adage 'always buy Japanese'.

I suppose you know that your name is being taken in vain on the cult comedy prog BO Selecta?
I can't rememeber ANYTHING that happened yersterday so I am suffering from a mixture of happy birthday and Oldtimer's Disease. Some more pix to be posted on the HJ site if you can bear to look.
Silly Thread Volume IV - Brill {P}
"How many posters does it take to change a lightbulb?"

1 to say he's invented a perpetually powered version.

12,256 to tell him where to store it.

Stu.
You had to see it to believe it :-) - Altea Ego
This question was asked in response to Borasport20\'s post:-

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=16822&...e
DD.
today has been another bad day at work, then come home and
decorate the ceiling then entertain SWMBO\'s pet rats for half
an hour \'cos she\'s working away,

Scuse me, I have to ask, way off topic I know.........

How do you entertain a pet rat?
You had to see it to believe it :-) - No Do$h
I am going to cover my eyes for a short time whilst Borasport offers a carefully worded response to that one.....

No Dosh, aka Alan_moderator@honestjohn.co.uk
You had to see it to believe it :-) - Dynamic Dave

By taking it to, ahem, Hamsterdam for the weekend.
You had to see it to believe it :-) - No Do$h
oh good grief.... Penfold.
You had to see it to believe it :-) - borasport20
Scuse me, I have to ask, way off topic I know.........

You give them rat sweeties (honest) and let them run round the living room, where they entertain themselves by
(a) eating any visible cables (that's why we don't have a midi system any more and the gas fire is packed with chicken wire)
(b) climbing up the curtains (if you say that program One Life last night, you don't want me to tell yuo how high a rat can jump - these must have kangaroo genes)
(c) attempting to steal my beer. Two small rats who know what they are doing (and they do !) can pull over a full pint glass, or if they are feeling cheeky, climb up by face and retreive what they can from my moustache !!!

Bora - what Bora ?
You had to see it to believe it :-) - Phil I
Well well: Different strokes for different folks wot? I shall view Borasport posts in a totally different light from today:-))

Happy Rat Fancying Phil I
You had to see it to believe it :-) - frostbite
they entertain themselves by
(a) eating any visible cables (that's why we don't have a
midi system any more and the gas fire is packed with
chicken wire)

The answer to your problems gentlemen is, teach them to talk!

My African Grey parrot does all these things, also chews door-frames & wallpaper etc.. He knows it's wrong, so whenever he is engaged in any of these activities I hear a loud and angry "what are you doing?"/"you'll get a smack"/"look at that mess" etc., neatly giving himself away almost as soon as he starts.
Can Tape Players Be Fixed? - M.M
Ahh those record players in cars...what a pain changing the singles over every three minutes, getting them all back in the paper sleeves...and making sure you hadn't a Decca single in a Columbia packet.

Sony Discman with a good anti-shock circuit is quite impressive. During a sustained hard left hander the unit can fly off the centre consle and under the brake pedal at the full extent of its output lead.. Kylie never skips a beat.

;-)

M.M
Can Tape Players Be Fixed? - smokie
...but having Kylie wedged under your brake pedal must make your heart miss a beat???
Can Tape Players Be Fixed? - Altea Ego
If I wedged Kylie under my brake pedal would that help the brake pedal feel I reported on the Laguna?

Whats the part number for a Kylie? I will order a spare for home.
Can Tape Players Be Fixed? - M.M
Hmm..there must be a part number for Kylie because she was clearly made for Dads.

M.M
A Useful Site for Tools... - rg
www.david.zen.co.uk/toolstore/
A Useful Site for Tools... - Claude
Very amusing, every one a useful addition to the toolbox no doubt. I'm surprised they didnt have any two speed drills, the type with DEAD SLOW and STOP.
Does the Piston Stop ? - chris p crisps ©
To change the subject but on a similar note at what point in time does a fly which impacts a mooving vehicle head on actually stop and travel in the same direction as the vehicle ??????
chris
Does the Piston Stop ? - AlanGowdy
At the exact moment it becomes squashed completely flat and has no more innards to lose.
Does the Piston Stop ? - chris p crisps ©
At the exact moment it becomes squashed completely flat and has
no more innards to lose.

so the last thing that goes through the fly's mind is probably his bum.
chris
Does the Piston Stop ? - matt35 {P}
Chris,
That was a Kenny Everett classic!
Another which stuck in my mind was by Terry Wogan - announcing a traffic jam in Godmanchester one morning...
He said 'GODmanchester, or is it godMANCHESTER? - anyway, if you are stuck in the traffic, roll down your window and ask one of the locals how to pronounce it!.
Matt35.
Student Cars - lezebre
An RTA occurred last Thursday afternoon, involving two Fiat Puntos, both carrying a group of students on their way to their first lecture of the week.
Fortunately none of the seventeen occupants was injured.
Google Silliness - try this! - Ian (Cape Town)
Get into google.com, select 'images', and type in your full name. See pics of all the ugly people around the world who are your namesakes! Hours of fun [sic] for the whole family!
Matts - what are they good for? - HF
As a sideline from that most important thread - I have a Matt who is actually a very good friend, and would probably object to the aspersions cast upon him in thread no 1.

And yes, M, obviously I *do* need to find a life! ;)
The Koala Eats, Shoots & Leaves - lezebre
Yep, HF , the forum can at times be pretty hard on those who don't have any (or not much) technical knowledge, but occaisionally indulge in a little light wordplay! ;(
Never mind cellphones, watch out for.. - THe Growler
...da ketchup!

news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/3295965.stm
Never mind cellphones, watch out for.. - malteser
Well, they do say Big Macs are bad for your health!
Mind you I can easily eat two at a sitting if SWMBO isn't around :)
"Rude, crude and socially unacceptable"
Never mind cellphones, watch out for.. - frostbite
Not only cellphones and burgeres that are hazardous, apparently. Just heard on radio 4:-

A whisky-flavoured condom vending machine in Scotland bears the caution "do not attempt to use this product while driving".
Never mind cellphones, watch out for.. - Welliesorter
That was the News Quiz which can still be heard by going to www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/comedy/newsquiz.shtml
Never mind cellphones, watch out for.. - SjB {P}
Well, seeing as HJ made a non motoring post to this thread, I'll add one...

From my local freebie paper this week, and an advert for Christmas meals at a restaurant in the area: "Monk fish stuffed with cr*p meat!"

Sure, we all know what was actually meant, but either the person typing the ad has a great sense of humour, or the proof reader's gonna get the sack on monday when the restaurant staff read their ad!
Never mind cellphones, watch out for.. - Clanger
How the blazes do you set about stuffing (in the culinary sense) a monkfish?

Hawkeye
-----------------------------
Stranger in a strange land
Never mind cellphones, watch out for.. - SjB {P}
<<< How the blazes do you set about stuffing (in the culinary sense) a monkfish? >>>

Funnily enough, laughing at the error aside, we said the same!

Never mind cellphones, watch out for.. - trancer
Its actually quite easy. Lay a fillet flat, slide a knife into the fillet parallel to the work surface. Remove knife, enlarge hole with fingers and then use said fingers to stuff the stuffing of your choice into the hole.
Never mind cellphones, watch out for.. - lezebre
Whoops, HJ's been moved into the silly thread; looks like someone's going to be washing down their official ploughmans wtth pasteurised beer again!
Never mind cellphones, watch out for.. - matt35 {P}
{censored}

DD.
Never mind cellphones, watch out for.. - andymc {P}
Frostbite's post reminded me of one of the best safety warnings ever. From a child's Superman costume: "Wearing of this garment does not enable you to fly".
More can be seen at www.dumbwarnings.com/ , and if you browse the rest of the site you'll be able to look up some dumb laws as well.
andymc
Faulty tyres - Is this offer reasonable? - HF
Sorry for being so obnoxious today, but isn\'t \'Faulty Tyres\' the way the Queen pronounces her favourite TV sitcom?

{moved here as you were the one who asked what had happened to the silly thread. DD}
Faulty tyres - Is this offer reasonable? - matt35 {P}
HF,

Thanks - I needed a laugh just then!

Matt35.
Silly Thread Volume IV - patently
AN FAQ, definitely.