Leather interior - PR {P}
Its my first car with a leather interior, are you supposed to treat the leather with anything like you would a leather sofa, or do you just clean it? Any help would be appreciated!
Leather interior - Nsar
I've recently bought a 7yr old car with cream leather and 95,000 on the clock - a nightmare combo perhaps, time will tell, but aside from a few cracks the seats look stuning. I bought Zymol leather cleaner at Halfords which did a good job of lifting general grime, from the cracks especially and at the weekend I bought a pot of Connolly leather finsh from my local horse tack shop (£6.85) which feeds and shines the leather and makes it smell nice too.
Leather interior - Bob the builder
Here's a question ; why does anyone want leather seats? Seems to me that they're always cold in winter, sticky in summer and you slide around on 'em all the time! Or are they supposed to impress somebody ?
Leather interior - Andrew-T
Bob - yes, they are cool in winter but warm up quickly. And yes, you can slide about a lot more than on cloth. But some people find they can't slide about on cloth as much as they would like. Do you remember what vinyl seats were like? - leather is far better than that! (but be prepared when sitting on dark leather which has been in the sun!)
Leather interior - Mark (RLBS)
I think that they look better, and I find them easier to move around on when I am wearing a suit.

I don\'t find them cold in winter, and if I did they\'re heated, but you do have to be a little wary in the summer when they can certainly be hot, although they cool down pretty quickly.
Leather interior - Steve S
"I think that they look better, and I find them easier to move around on when I am wearing a suit."

I agree with Mark and would also mention that they are a breeze to keep clean compared to most cloth alternatives. Good to see when selling on too.

I'd always specify it.
Leather interior - smokie
Previous three vehicles had leather and the latest has cloth. Leather is best.
Leather interior - volvod5_dude
Yeah, leather is best, my last three cars have had leather, I wouldn't go back to cloth. Leather so is easy to keep clean, coke & coffee just wipes off, and don't take a lot of looking after. Just use Autoglym leather treatment a couple of times a year. I have black leather (kinky) at the moment and it does get hot in the sun especially if you are wearing shorts, ouch! In the winter no problem, the seats are heated.

VD5D.
Leather interior - Dynamic Dave
You need to "feed" the leather to help prevent it drying out and cracking. Use Neatsfoot oil - it's what the horsie people use on their saddles!!
Leather interior - PR {P}
Thanks for the advice people, Ive been out and got some Autoglym leather care, and the seats have come up lovely!
Leather interior - richard price
There is an american product sold over here by mail order called gliptone, the american site is www.gliptone.com - There is a solution to clean and one to feed the leather, after use it smells just like new leather, I found it works well.
Richard Price
Leather interior - cider glider
The upside of leather (wrt cloth) is that it doesn't get threadbare. The downside is that with age, enlarged stitch-holes are more obvious in leather than in cloth.

Would anyone care to explain why leather upholstery in cars is seen as upmarket, whereas leather sofas seem naff?
Leather interior - BigBoab
I use Zymol on the leather in my 14 year old Saab. Works well. Mind you, that might be because the leather in the Saab is of good quality. My boss's three year old Laguna with 40k on it has very bad wear on the driver's seat already.
Leather interior - RichardW
Dunno, but it used to be the other way around in cars apparently - mass produced cars had leather whereas coachbuilt cars had cloth trim - maybe because the cloth didn't last as long, so was seen as more exclusive - who knows? Anyway the Queen's new roller has cloth rather than leather for this reason.

Richard
Leather interior - volvod5_dude
..Anyway the Queen's new roller has cloth rather than leather for this reason.

Obviously no taste, anyway I thought she was given a Bentley.
Leather interior - Steve S
"Obviously no taste, anyway I thought she was given a Bentley."

Yeah I've seen her dress sense. Besides, she's very unlikely to have to get the corgi fur off 'em herself. If she did, she'd be voting for leather before you could say "who made my Rolls?".
Leather interior - Chad.R
Anyway the Queen's new roller has cloth rather than leather >> for this reason.

If "James" forgot himself and did a Schumi, it would be a very undignified sight, HM sliding from across the leather bench from side to side.
I suppose at least she would be able to wave to the public on both sides of the car and polish the seats at the same time.

Chad.R

Chad.R
Leather interior - THe Growler
You mean my leather three piece and the mirrors on the ceiling along with those lamps where the bubbles go up and down is naff?
I paid a lot for those.
Leather interior - Nsar
Leather 3 piece suite, maybe. Leather 3 piece suit, definitely
Leather interior - madf
I like leather seats: easy clean and long wearing but in SA I badly burnt my legs when entering hot Mercedes when wearing shorts:-(
madf