05 2.2 VSA light on: Dealer wants 1600 quid. - jeff_porter
Yep, thats right.

The dealer has told me that my VSA module is at fault and needs to be replaced.
The orange VSA warning light is on the dashboard.

The car is 3.5 years old (44k and full dealer history), and to have a £1600 quid quote is shocking (200 is labour).

I've spoken to Honda UK who have help reduce the bill down to £1000.
Still shocking though.

The part number is

57110-SEF-E561-M1
Honda: (Type: EFVVV)
SEFE5

I'm told that these thing rarly fail, but that is little consolation to me.

What does anyone else thing? other than I should of brought an extended warrenty.

:-(

05 2.2 VSA light on: Dealer wants 1600 quid. - Liz822
Re. VSA warning light - Honda Accord 2.2 Tourer (55 plate)

I've just taken my car into a Honda dealer to have a SAT NAV problem rectified, which also went wrong when the car was 12 months old. Honda agreed to pay the full cost of this bearing in mind it happened before and is likely to fail again perhaps in 24 months time.

Upon collecting my car last week, I was pleased to have the SAT NAV working again, but this light appeared on my dashboard on the way home - ORANGE warning triangle with VSA. I phoned the garage and explained and said that the car would have to come in again. So I brought the car back to the dealership last Friday who diagnosed exactly the same problem that the VSA module would need replacing at a cost of £1251 + labour + VAT (around £1600).

They called me this morning to tell me that customer services would contribute £800 in reflection of the age of the car and just being out of warrranty, which still leaves me with around £800 to pay. This is supposed to be a "good will gesture" as if they are doing me a big favour. In my mind the fault should never have happened anyway and in the event that it has, Honda UK should pay the full cost for it.

I was also told that this was rare (but obviously happened before) and that the fault was not listed on a recall or anything like that.

The problem with this is that the VSA is a safety feature, which astounds me that Honda are not willing to pay the full cost for.

I am seriously unhappy with Honda and was willing to oversee the problem with the SAT NAV. Up until now I was looking to buy a new Honda Accord early next year, but now having to seriously rethink.

05 2.2 VSA light on: Dealer wants 1600 quid. - Quicksilver
A colleague of mine had the same problem. Luckily he had an extended, (through Honda) warranty.

There was some ?not included? type guff but in the end the replaced it under the extended warranty.

It would appear to be more common than previously thought?

Q.
05 2.2 VSA light on: Dealer wants 1600 quid. - L'escargot
Popular opinion seems to be that Japanese cars are indeed often expensive to repair. Reliable perhaps, but expensive to repair.
05 2.2 VSA light on: Dealer wants 1600 quid. - injection doc
Some honda's have a VSA switch so you can turn the "vehicle stability assit" off. Honda develpoed the system in 1997 but we all managed for years without!
I would try speaking to BBA-reman in kent (0)1634 687222 see if they may be able to help with repair or replacement. They specialize in most electronic control module repairs & ABS systems.
If its a common problem of which Honda are becoming like the rest of the car manufactures but just more expensive BBA reman will be interested in finding a fix unless they have done already
Inj Doc
05 2.2 VSA light on: Dealer wants 1600 quid. - cavalrystu
Does it actually matter if the light is on?

Does it fail an MOT, or does it just disable VSA. If the latter, maybe take the bulb out, and don't worry about it again.

Just a thought.....
05 2.2 VSA light on: Dealer wants 1600 quid. - Another John H
>>BBA-reman in kent (0)1634 687222 see if they may be able to help with repair....

Here's an interesting quote from BBA: "we will rebuild your unit free of charge if it is a new type of product we have not seen before".
05 2.2 VSA light on: Dealer wants 1600 quid. - ihatecars

Could someone please tell me where to look to find the VSA module? I'd like to give it a good talking to!

05 2.2 VSA light on: Dealer wants 1600 quid. - gkm
I have an 05 2.2 Accord EX. In April of this year the yaw sensor failed resulting in the VSA system being activated on quite gentle corners. Cost of part was ~£700. Honda paid half of the cost and the total bill was just under £500. The car had only done ~36,000 miles was under 4 years old and it has been owned by me from new and serviced at the dealer who sold the car. I contacted Honda and indicated that I considered that they should pay 100% of the cost of the replacement of a faulty part. They would not improve their offer.
In September at a mileage of 39,000 miles the VSA light came on permanently and like jeff porter I was quoted £1600 for replacement of the VSA module. Honda have offered to reduce the part price to £400 and the total cost will be just under £700.
If Honda are to add more and more sphisticated electronics to their cars they have to ensure that they are reliable. Otherwise their secondhand value will plummet. I am not prepared to have another failure and be told that Honda will not contibute to the cost in view of the age of the car etc....... I have having it fixed and then getting rid of it. The next car I buy will have a 5 year warranty.
05 2.2 VSA light on: Dealer wants 1600 quid. - Bill Payer
A worrying thread - with our last Jazz I considered an extended warranty but the service manager said don't worry about it, if anything goes wrong we'll look after you. Nothing did, so his promise was untested. I've certainly seen stories about engines being replaced at 5 years old and gearboxes at 7.

However I looked at our new Jazz, with VSA, climate & cruise control and a complicated looking roof blind mechanism, and decided to pay the £700 for the extra 2 years warranty. Never done that before but everybody seems to be getting less accommodating. I had broken rear springs changed FOC at 4yrs old on a Clio a few years ago, but I'm certain there wouldn't be any hope of getting that today.
05 2.2 VSA light on: Dealer wants 1600 quid. - nortones2
Might just be worth checking the low tech stuff. Brake fluid level. And the sensors. www.acuraworld.com/forums/f40/vsa-replacement-6149...l

There is also VOSA: a few reports (VAG units are also failing apparently) might stir them to deal with a saferty related issue. Maybe.
05 2.2 VSA light on: Dealer wants 1600 quid. - steve_w
My Accord is a 54 plate, Modulator part number N57110SEFE56

so almost the same as Jeffs. Honda have quoted me the standard £1600 that is mentioned.

I have seen the places where you can send your modulator and have them diagnosed, but that is not a lot of good when it's on the car :(

This doesn't seem to be a rare failure to me, the bit that got me was they charged me £40 for the privilege of telling me it was the Modulator which again is a ripp off to me.

does anyone know if you can just take the modulator off and send it away without affecting the car ?

Steve
05 2.2 VSA light on: Dealer wants 1600 quid. - Cleyhidesman
I have an 06 Accord Tourer which has done 55000ml. My VSA warning light came on and today I have been quoted £1700 for a new modulator to be fitted. The dealer has put a request into Honda to make a contribution to the cost of the repair. The car is 8 months out of warranty.
I thought that Hondas were supposed to be very reliable!!
Cleyhidesman
05 2.2 VSA light on: Dealer wants 1600 quid. - Diamond
Found this don't know if it helps?
answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=2009040118264...G

'This is going to sound funny, but your problem is not with the VSA. Here's what the dealer is missing in their diagnosis.

the way the Vehicle Stability Assist system works is that when a loss of traction is sensed (when one wheel is spinning faster than the other) then the control for the VSA starts to cut out engine cylinders to reduce the power to the wheel until traction is restored. When the control unit enables the VSA the exclamation point icon comes on and it will stay on until the engine is turned off.

Now for the twist--when the engine has a misfire that causes the engine to lose power then the VSA system "thinks" power is being reduced to restore traction and it puts the exclamation point icon on. So in essence, the VSA is being fooled into thinking that the system is enabled when in reality the problem is one of a reduction of engine power.

I have seen this numerous times on the Accords and Pilots. Almost always the problem is with the EGR valve. That doesn't mean that it is in your case, but my experience is that it usually is. Couple that with the history of EGR valve problems on the Honda V-6 and the the odds are strong that's what your problem is. However, anything that could cause a loss of power or misfire in an engine, such as an ignition coil breaking down or bad fuel could cause this problem.

In most States the things that can cause this problem are covered under a 3 year 50000 mile emissions warranty. I'd ask the dealer to do the diagnosis for an engine misfire and see where that goes.'
05 2.2 VSA light on: Dealer wants 1600 quid. - thegn73

I have a Honda Accord cdti sport 54 plate, started with vsa problem and warning triangle flashing on dashboard randomly and car starts jerking. Then had a problem when accelerating hard the car went into limp mode and glow plug light flashing.

I didn't go to a Honda dealer as they always try and replace things that don't need replacing, (had a bad experience with a Ford Dealership).

Found a great mechanic who as 'Diamond's' comments suggestion of fuel and loss of power relating to vsa problems, I had the fuel filter changed, which was in a bad state and had never been changed by previous owners in all its 93k miles, this seems to have cured both problems and cost me £60 (not £1600!!!). Its got to be worth a try at that cost.

05 2.2 VSA light on: Dealer wants 1600 quid. - Chasvel
The dealer has told me that my VSA module is at fault .
This has just happened to my '07 iCDTi and have been quoted the same.
Does anyone know where the module is situated 'cos I'm going to get one from BBA-reman and do it myself and Honda can take a running jump. Although I love the car, the cost of the module represents something like 17% of the value? Like 6 modules are worth my '07 Accord - I don't think so! The next car looks like being a Ford or a Skoda.
Regards
Chasvel
05 2.2 VSA light on: Dealer wants 1600 quid. - Stuarts57
My VSA unit has also just failed (15/01/10), the dealer has asked for £1700.00 to repair it. My car is on a 55 plate and 47,000 miles so that repair cost is outrageous as the car probably isnt worth that much more now.

I asked the dealer if it was still safe to drive as the users manual suggests that it will behave just as any other car not equipped with VSA. They didnt really know and said that the ABS is linked into the system. I would have thought that the system works the other way round, i.e. VSA feeding into the ABS, and therefore the ABS should not be affected. Does anyone know for definate?

Also, I asked the dealer whether the car would fail the MOT with a faulty VSA system. He contacted VOSA. They said that it would not fail providing the brakes and ABS worked but would issue an advisory??

In any respect, I am totally shocked and disgusted with the failure of this unit and with Honda's extortionate pricing of something which is clearly substandard or prone to failure but provides safety enhancement. Honda need to rethink this otherwise my next car will be an Audi!

Regards
05 2.2 VSA light on: Dealer wants 1600 quid. - fastestlouigie

This seems to be a fairly common issue. I had the VSA and warning triangle lights come on and the 'dealer identified the ABS module. My car is a 2005 plate 2.2 with only 36k miles. Honda U.k. have just confirmed that they'll cover the cost (again, if I had to pay, the 'dealer's service manager said it would cost £1600, £200 of which is labour...an expensive part!);I bought the car in September 2009 from a Honda main dealer with a 1 year "Honda" warranty.

05 2.2 VSA light on: Dealer wants 1600 quid. - pd

Give BBA Remanufacturing a call on 01634 687222. I don't know if they do this part but this is the sort of thing they fix. You'll probably need the part number of the current unit.

05 2.2 VSA light on: Dealer wants 1600 quid. - sevecoates
Just had the same problem with my Accord - reg Nov 2006 with 33k miles. VSA light would not go out, the car having been stood for 2 weeks while we were on holiday.
Took it to the Main Dealer in Chesterfield who confirmed the bad news and an approx cost of £1800!! However, having spoken to Honda they have been able to reduce it to £180 plus vat (labour only) which I am very happy with given the problems other people seem to have had.
I shall be asking them for the "old" modulator or whatever it is they change - maybe some company could make use of it/repair it??
05 2.2 VSA light on: Dealer wants 1600 quid. - helen123

My 05 Accord has its VSA light on too, I've been quoted £1723.98 from the dealer in Ashby Sc***horpe, how did you get on?

05 2.2 VSA light on: Dealer wants 1600 quid. - Lelly

My Honda has the same problem again dealer wants £1000 saying Honda agrees to £800 - Cheek seems like they think they can demand payment for faulty goods - Honda had a reputation for reliability - they are in danger of losing this - I am considering contacting Which and other trading mags to alert them to this. I need to fix so i can sell it - was going to buy a CRV ....really not sure now

05 2.2 VSA light on: Dealer wants 1600 quid. - phigginson

My car was 3yrs this past may, so out of warranty about 3 months ago. I just got this VSA/ABS problem also (Friday the 20th August to be precise). was told 1,700 pounds plus labour to fix but they would contact honda about a good will payment. I have been checking the web and found one link:

http://softwareplusservices.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!96EEB58884950789!1269.entry?sa=202849324

This person had same problem and honda paid out for the part and labour. Cannot get the contact details but it mentions the branch name and age of car so am sure they would remember. Am waiting to see what they come back with but think it will be along the lines of the other comments on this forum. If one customer got it for free then so should we all. Its not an isolated incident. Mr CRV cost 19,500 brand new (was reduced cos new model came out). This part with labour would work out at 10% the cost of my total car. Its a small part not exposed to ecessive wear and tear. If it costs so much and is safety critical it should not fail or should be covered by a 10 yr warranty or something.

While i was waiting for them to check it out i was asking about a new CRV or Accord Tourer as i am looking to change my car. There is no danger i am buying another Honda if i even have to pay a single cent towards my repair.

in the USA they recalled 350,000 vehicles with VSA modulator problems. Apparently European cars not affected but the problem is most likely the same one. Theres only so much that can go wrong with one of these things and i have notice my breaks are not that great compared to when i got the car which drove the recall in the USA. Thing is if its a slow decline you get used to it and just assume its ok since you get the car serviced by these jokes every year.

If we get enough complaints we might be able to push a recall!!!

Get this too, it takes 5 months to get a new CRV or Accord. The branch will give you a trade in price today but you will only get the actual trade in value when the car comes in. Also the salesman told me a recent order for a CRV slipped from October to February. Not much of an incentive for me to buy from Honda then!!!.

Edited by phigginson on 23/08/2010 at 19:10

05 2.2 VSA light on: Dealer wants 1600 quid. - ASG9000

VSA warning light came on my Honda Accord Diesel a few days ago.

My car is a 55-plate, on the road just under 5 years, 79k miles.

The dealer wants £1700+ to fix, on top of what it cost to diagnose. £1800 in total.

The car had a full Honda service history but as I bought the car from an independent dealer, Honda UK are unwilling contribute anything to cost of repair and not even remotely sympathetic. I have the decision in writing and even still I'm unsure what the exact reasons why my car does not qualify for the "goodwill" fund. Has anyone in similar circumstances managed to get anything out of Honda UK?

05 2.2 VSA light on: Dealer wants 1600 quid. - Birty

Had exactly the same problem with my Accord. It's a 55 plate which has done 50k miles.

The local Honda dealer quoted £1,850 to repair!

I called Honda UK customer services and within 3 hours they called me back saying that they would reduce the charge to £710.

Still a substantial amount of money (for a fault which seems to be more common than they say) but at least they have contributed more than half....

05 2.2 VSA light on: Dealer wants 1600 quid. - Collos25

I have just repaired the ABS ecu on my Bmw I was quoted a dream figure by BMW on ebay they can be bought for £200 I took it to bits and found it needed a new resistor bought at Conrad for 85 cents it now works perfectly.It is the same with the VSA module a competent electronic engineer will repair it for a fraction of the costs stated above.

05 2.2 VSA light on: Dealer wants 1600 quid. - steven172_199

This is my first post on this issue I have spent the best part of the last 3 months worrying about what to do like many of you I had the VSA light appear on the dash out of the blue took it to Honda and was told the magic figure of £1800 so contacted Honda uk who told me the car had done to many mile to get a good will gesture or to come under the extended warranty. Their exact words were very disturbing they told me that as I was not a loyal customer they would not help with the cost but if I had had my last service with them they would of helped never mind the 8 services up to that one that had all been done with Honda.

After looking at all the repair options on this thread and many more I decided to get a used part from a scrap dealer it was the cheapest option but did pose the biggest risk as you don’t know if the part is working or if the part will fail over time but at a cost of £300 inc vat I can afford to do the job twice compared to the next best option ( bba-reman and others will repair your unit for £650 + post + vat so quite expensive ) I fitted it myself a long job for one person but very easy, hardest part was bleeding the brakes I can recommend that anyone gives it a go. other wise your local garage should carry out the job in about 2 hours with break fluid should cost about £100-150ish

Hope this helps anyone who’s stuck

05 2.2 VSA light on: Dealer wants 1600 quid. - halgha

hi steven 172-199!!

i `ve got an accord cdti 56 plate and had the vsa light coming on the dashboard three weeks ago.

i went to an independent garage and they found "brake pressure sensor failure " and of course the sensor is inside the dreaded module.

i`m thinking of getting the part from a car dismantler but i was told by honda that all the letters and number of the module must match.obviously all modules have 57710 number in common but i cannot find an exact match with the middle letters and numbers. i wonder if you can fit a mismatching one and be ok or what?? honda stated that the ecu will reject it , the scrap man obviously said don`t worry as long as you have 57110 / m1 and it`s an accord 2.2 cdti.the scrap man part belongs to an accord 2005 .my part number is 57710 sef e610 m1 de type (ww or vv?) sefe 6 .did you find an exact match ? what do you suggest ? i know the car`s sound and it drives perfectly even with the light on but i `m really bugged to see that damn light on!!! i can`t believe it`s 650 quid to have it fixed.from reman .

the other option is to try and get the bulb off and be done with

regards

halgha

05 2.2 VSA light on: Dealer wants 1600 quid. - Dewcal

To add my story, 06 2.2 cdti estate 75k miles, did not use for a week or so last Novemebr when snowed in. FIrst time to use car, the VSA light came on. ABS still works ok. About to look at getting it "sorted".

Rang BBA today and was quoted £35 + carraige & VAT for inspection and £100-200 + carriage & VAT (Less inspection fee) if they can fix it the ABS / ECU. Slightly different to above quote? Wonder why?

Can anyone advise if the ABS / ECU is visible to find out he part number or do I need to take it to a Honda dealer?

TIA.

Dave

05 2.2 VSA light on: Dealer wants 1600 quid. - eddie12
Dewcal - have a look at the 1st. post.
05 2.2 VSA light on: Dealer wants 1600 quid. - IanGr

I too am now finding this problem. VSA light has come permanently on. Have been charged £100 to have Honda look at it with their computer and not be able to fix it, with the result that I need a new VSA unit at £1850. Honda Accord 2.2 Sport '06 plate, which I have had from brand new as a company car, and thenI purchased from the company 7 months ago.

The garage who have been servicing it from scratch were not particularly helpful or sympathetic. So looking at this thread it would seem the verdict is to get into Honda UK HQ. Does anyone have the best contact details for that route?

I am a forum virgin here, but this whole thing just seems wrong.

Thanks

05 2.2 VSA light on: Dealer wants 1600 quid. - halgha

hi there! if your accord has less than 62k on the clock honda will sort it out free of charge .if it`s over 62k u`ll have to pay some towards it .my accord was 65 k on the clock and i had to pay 250 quid instead of 1800 .hope it helps

regards

05 2.2 VSA light on: Dealer wants 1600 quid. - Tafia
For those who think this is not a common problem, see here:

autoforum.classifieds1000.com/Honda-CRV/Honda_CRV_...n

Some think this safety issue should require a recall by Honda as it seems to happen way too many times.

BTW, I have the same problem with my 2004 77K miles Accord diesel exec.

05 2.2 VSA light on: Dealer wants 1600 quid. - davembk

I do wonder sometimes. I have exactly the same on my accord:

abs, warning triangle and vsa lights all on.

The honda dealer took it in and said the diagnostics indicated it's a suspect earth lead, gone hr, and if not then the module.

So it's going back in for a lead, at £107 including labour.

What they have ordered is part 32600SEF000 which is the main earth cable directly off the battery and not what I would have thought i.e a lead local to the VSA module.

30 minutes under the bonnet with my my multimeter shows that earth cable to be perfect, and a) how can the main earth cable off the battery, that goes only to 2 places, the car body and the engine, have anything specific to do with the vsa module? And b) how can an inert peace of metal as beefy as a battery earth cable, terminal connections excepted, go faulty anyway?

I think they have not thought it through and read "earth lead" to mean the primary earth cable i.e off the battery, when they should be looking at a specific low current earth feed into the module itself. The big earth cable goes nowhere near it and if it was faulty, nothing else would work either..

Any comments gratefully accepted.

Thanks,

Dave

Edited by davembk on 19/05/2011 at 22:25

05 2.2 VSA light on: Dealer wants 1600 quid. - beecee

This concerns me. I've got a X Reg 1.8 Auto SE. Had it from 18 miles and with one issue with a leaking Air Con pipe £60, its been the most reliable car (I've ever run) for its 127k. As everyone says the more complex they get, the more the need to go to a Honda dealer. I have a trained Honda mechanic who charges £120 for a major service. I plan to run this into the ground, I've got a back problem, so have Recarro Typr Rs in it so I'm in heaven. Just about to lay out on spare rims for winter tryres. So I swear by it, as I used to do 40k a year. I got my daughter a new Panda in 04 and I‘ve had to throw money at it, reminds me of my Alfas in the 70s!

05 2.2 VSA light on: Dealer wants 1600 quid. - chrisj1964

Mines on yesterday car done 95,000 full history and been on fleet maintenace till Jan, but been to dealer since.

Honda wanted 1,800 but their customer services agreed to provide parts so my bill will be 250 or there abouts. Which on a 5 year old car is very fair of them. I have never had an issue with Honda nad had lots of them.

We have a 3 years old Vivaro with a well know issue and Vauxhall coulodn't care less as teh vans done 85k which they told me was high mileage, so shows Honda are better than most out there and they gave response within 2 hours authorising parts to dealer staraight away.

We ALSO had same issue on a 9 year old merc and mercedes replaced under similar terms last year same part I believe that was faulty but different fault.

If the car has been serviced at dealer Honda are usually good and will help in fact last one I bought I was advised by the sales guy NOT to take the extended warranty as Honda after care is so good.

Hope this helps.

Chris

05 2.2 VSA light on: Dealer wants 1600 quid. - chrisj1964

Mines on yesterday car done 95,000 full history and been on fleet maintenace till Jan, but been to dealer since.

Honda wanted 1,800 but their customer services agreed to provide parts so my bill will be 250 or there abouts. Which on a 5 year old car is very fair of them. I have never had an issue with Honda nad had lots of them.

We have a 3 years old Vivaro with a well know issue and Vauxhall coulodn't care less as teh vans done 85k which they told me was high mileage, so shows Honda are better than most out there and they gave response within 2 hours authorising parts to dealer staraight away.

We ALSO had same issue on a 9 year old merc and mercedes replaced under similar terms last year same part I believe that was faulty but different fault.

If the car has been serviced at dealer Honda are usually good and will help in fact last one I bought I was advised by the sales guy NOT to take the extended warranty as Honda after care is so good.

Hope this helps.

Chris

05 2.2 VSA light on: Dealer wants 1600 quid. - salim

Hi Guys,

I has the same issue on my Honda accord 54 plate.

Asked the dealer (Swansway Honda Manchester) they quoted my £1800.I nearly had a heart attack!!!!

Also rang honda UK.It took them 2 days to come back with answer and the answer was Big NO reasons it's does to many miles (90K) and Haven't serviced the car with the dealer since last 3 years!!

I also looked on internet for the ABS Modulator + Pump the original part cost were astronomical.

I managed the find a Breaker in birmingham ( TRT Engines - http://trtengines.com/) who supplied me with the 54 plate ABS Modulator + Pump cost (£250) and I found a great guy called Alex (AGP Automotive - http://www.agpautomotive.co.uk/ who replaced this part for me under 3 hours cost (£100). So the total Cost was £350 compare to dealer £1800.

What a con dealers are and how can you justify the dealer's price!!!! Also I rang couple of dealers who took my number and never called back and neither did Swansway Honda Manchester who quoted me the price. Do they not what £1800!!!!

After looking around on internet lots of people having the same problem on the Accords and other Honda models and no one is replying with solutions, so thought my post would help some one.

Never give up and Don't pay dealer price!!!

Regards

Salim

05 2.2 VSA light on: Dealer wants 1600 quid. - k13ehr

Well chaps and chapessess I'm the latest victim of the VSA farce.

04 accord 2.2 idti 148k so maybe I at least have a vehicle with enough miles on it to have gone wobbley.

We bought ours because of the Honda reliability "myth" and we liked the fancy [url=www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ve4M4UsJQo]honda cog advert[/url] featuring the same car :-)

Why are we just stumping up so much cash for what is a common and safety related problem, it should be a subject of a VOSA recall at the very least.

A few peeps have mentioned taking out the bulb/LED or whatever lights up on the dash, but surely that is part of the circuit too and might trigger another fault maybe costing more to fix.

If doing the nasty and removing the blub, how do you get to it, has anyone been brave enough to do it, did it invoke yet another warning light.

I'm hesitant to do anything as we are on a low fixed income and bought the Honda last year at twhat we thought was a god price and should see us for a good few years before it would need replacing. I'm sure others will have done similar and just cannot afford to have these huge bills for a small part going AWOL.

I think I might need to buy something which fires a lead projectile, just not sure whee to aim it, ormaybe just get some testicles and join forces and maybe collectively email Honda to let them know how we all feel, as this won't be the only forum discussing this problem, maybe if they sense the feelings of us all, they migh re-think the issue, meanwhile I won't hold my breath.

05 2.2 VSA light on: Dealer wants 1600 quid. - yam yam
the vsa module (or abs unit) is a bosch mk60 unit. They are failing on lots of makes and models espesially the vag group (vw audi skode seat). On the golf its been know to make it run like a bag of bolts, undrivable due to multiplexing. A company called actronics will recon the unit for 140+vat (2010 catalgue). Its not the CAR makers fault but bosch's fault but they just walk away making loads of money from now selling new units. Bosch have gone done in the quility stakes loads lately.
05 2.2 VSA light on: Dealer wants 1600 quid. - elekie&a/c doctor

Sorry,but Bosch don,t make the Abs unit for these and other makes fitted with the ATE (teves)mk60 type.hth

05 2.2 VSA light on: Dealer wants 1600 quid. - manabana

I bought a second hand Honda Accord Diesel 2004, with 75,000 on the clock. Full Honda Service History. The last service was all green ticks except the bushes which were on a warning.The front off-side tyre has a slow puncture. Which I have to keep topping up.

I drove the car for a couple of weeks, up and down the M25, heavy rush hour traffic 130 miles round trip. After 2 weeks at low speed the trio of VSA, ABS and TRIANGLE Lights came on, I pulled of the motorway, parked up on a B-road, turned the ignition off, turned back on and the lights were gone.

More hard driving and a week later the lights suddenly came back on, I go over a lot of speed bumps as well and that may not help the stability of the car.

I've read a lot of forums about the Honda VSA and solutions, heres my take on it...The VSA is a unit that monitors the stability of the car, if something is not right, i.e. tire pressures, or whatever the VSA light comes on along with other lights. I don't believe the VSA is a module that lights up to tell you that itself as a unit is faulty, it lights up to alert of a problem, and stays on till the problem is solved.

I am going to put some air in my tires at lunchtime and see if that fixes it up. On the wekend I am going to get the bushes sorted.

BTW, with the lights on the car drives in the same way as without, I don't drive like an idiot on the road, 80/90mph tops on Motorway, 2 second rule on distance, remember you bought the Accord to commute not race and you won't ever have any problems with it.

I bought a second hand Honda Accord Diesel 2004, with 75,000 on the clock. Full Honda Service History. The last service was all green ticks except the bushes which were on a warning.The front off-side tyre has a slow puncture. Which I have to keep topping up.

I drove the car for a couple of weeks, up and down the M25, heavy rush hour traffic 130 miles round trip. After 2 weeks at low speed the trio of VSA, ABS and TRIANGLE Lights came on, I pulled of the motorway, parked up on a B-road, turned the ignition off, turned back on and the lights were gone.

More hard driving and a week later the lights suddenly came back on, I go over a lot of speed bumps as well and that may not help the stability of the car.

I've read a lot of forums about the Honda VSA and solutions, heres my take on it...The VSA is a unit that monitors the stability of the car, if something is not right, i.e. tire pressures, or whatever the VSA light comes on along with other lights. I don't believe the VSA is a module that lights up to tell you that itself as a unit is faulty, it lights up to alert of a problem, and stays on till the problem is solved.

I am going to put some air in my tires at lunchtime and see if that fixes it up. On the wekend I am going to get the bushes sorted.

BTW, with the lights on the car drives in the same way as without, I don't drive like an idiot on the road, 80/90mph tops on Motorway, 2 second rule on distance, remember you bought the Accord to commute not race and you won't ever have any problems with it.

05 2.2 VSA light on: Dealer wants 1600 quid. - ukmassive

My father's 2007 Honda FR-V had the same issue when he returned from his holidays. After jump-starting it, as it had a dead battery, the VSA and engine management light came on and the car just would not move.

We called the AA and he tried re-setting everything. He warned that the car should be jump started with the key removed, which he said could have caused this issue.

He couldn't reset it and then his only option was to get it towed to Honda dealership for their diagnostic. Whilst he was diagnosing, we suggested that we could try disconnecting and re-connecting the battery, the AA man said, no point as he had done that through the software.

Thank God it was a bank holiday weekend and he said we would have to call back and re-book. Over the weekend one of my father's friends suggested disconnecting the battery and re-connecting it - guess what it resolved the issue - all lights are reset and no huge VSA bill (for now!).

05 2.2 VSA light on: Dealer wants 1600 quid. - ukmassive

My father's 2007 Honda FR-V had the same issue when he returned from his holidays. After jump-starting it, as it had a dead battery, the VSA and engine management light came on and the car just would not move.

We called the AA and he tried re-setting everything. He warned that the car should be jump started with the key removed, which he said could have caused this issue.

He couldn't reset it and then his only option was to get it towed to Honda dealership for their diagnostic. Whilst he was diagnosing, we suggested that we could try disconnecting and re-connecting the battery, the AA man said, no point as he had done that through the software.

Thank God it was a bank holiday weekend and he said we would have to call back and re-book. Over the weekend one of my father's friends suggested disconnecting the battery and re-connecting it - guess what it resolved the issue - all lights are reset and no huge VSA bill (for now!).

05 2.2 VSA light on: Dealer wants 1600 quid. - JmHeal

Just wanted to say a big thanks for this post.

I had a flat battery in my Honda FR-V due to not driving for a few months with the Covid lockdown and got a jump start. Got the car running again but had yellow exclamation mark (!) in triangle yellow VSA and solid yellow check engine light. The car was also running very sluggishly and unable to get over 30mph.

I spent a whole day driving it around thinking that the battery needed to charge itself off the engine with no joy. Tried a few different things but eventually realised that it was a safety protocol that had come in where confusion was caused over the flat battery as it was completely flat. Actually ordered an OBD unit to try and reset manually. Then came across this post decided to give it a go so disconnected the battery for a couple of minutes and reconnected and - hey presto - the car is back to its good old self! Seems to have reset the whole system perfectly.

Just wanted to say that this did work for me in case anybody else has a similar problem especially as I imagine a lot of cars might have not been driven for some time now and lots of flat batteries and confused on board computers.

05 2.2 VSA light on: Dealer wants 1600 quid. - l3eowulf

Bought my 54 plate 2.2 Accord a few weeks ago, probably one of the best cars I have ever driven btw, but also came with 3 constant dashboard lights 'abs' 'vsa' & '!'. Got it on the diagnostic machine with my local mechanic and came up with the 66-1 code same as yours, in addition to a faulty abs sensor.

Thanks to this thread, I got in touch with Rochesters BBA - Reman and they quoted me £95 + vat (£114) to recondition the abs pump (found at the front left side of the motor. My mechanic agreed to take the pump off and put the reconditioned one on for £50 (though some mechanics will understandably charge a lot more due to the effort involved when putting it back on - as the brakes need to be bled). BBA told me that the reconditioned part has a 'lifetime' guarantee! Once I sorted out my abs sensor, my mechanic was able to get the reconditioned part 'accepted' by the cars computer as it came up with error code 82-1 after part was put back on which basically meant it needed help in recognizing it but he said the diagnostic machine has a facility that allows you to do this and now I have no more lights, problem solved for a fraction of the price. Hope this helps others.

05 2.2 VSA light on: Dealer wants 1600 quid. - shedragon

We did the same on our 03 plate Honda Accord estate

However, our guys couldnt get the cars computer to

Accept the new module any suggestions as have all

Lights showing on dashboard as previous posts state.

05 2.2 VSA light on: Dealer wants 1600 quid. - Loudev
07 Honda Accord 2.2 diesel vsa light on dealer wants €1750 for the job, I've seen on threads ecutesting.com is the way to go for replacement part but you need the code to go through the stages of booking it in, don't know where to start we only have the car since June!