2001 1.9DCi Injection Problems - volvos60T5SE
Hi there, I have recently bought a 2001 Laguna 1.9 DCi 120. After driving for 20 mins or so, the "check Injection" display warning appears on the dashboard. I took it to the renault main agents, and they said it could have been one of 6 sensors, the car is currently having these sensors cleaned by my local mechanic. I don't have the list of sensors. I was just wondering if anyone knew of common faults or anyone had personally experienced these problems? Any help is appreciated. Cheers

{various repeated stuff in subject header that gets picked up and displayed when you make your choice from the drop down menus deleted}

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 21/05/2008 at 20:12

2001 1.9 Laguna 1.9 DCi Injection Problems - Screwloose

The check inj light is only a generic warning that there's a significant fault-code stored. I'm surprised that the dealers couldn't narrow it down a bit.

"Cleaning" the sensors? It's always worth cleaning the carbon crud off the EGR valve - but sensors?

2001 1.9 Laguna 1.9 DCi Injection Problems - DP
I agree with Screwloose. With a dealer diagnostic plug in and a technician prepared to do a bit of fault finding, they should be able to narrow the fault down a little more more accurately than that.

2001 1.9 Laguna 1.9 DCi Injection Problems - volvos60T5SE
Thats what I thought, I thought renault CLIP diagnostics gave a much more detailed diagnostic of the car, perhaps not. I understand that the EGR valves can be a problem on these?? Would a dodgy EGR valve cause the warning to show itself? Would it just happen randomly?? Cheers for the help
2001 1.9 Electronic Fault and Check Injection! HEL - volvos60T5SE
Hi There,

I recently bought a 2001 Laguna 1.9dCi 120bhp, 47k miles. (probably the biggest mistake of my life, but hey) Anyway, a few days after i bought it, the "CHECK INJECTION" warning displayed on the dashboard, along with the Electronic Fault warning light. I took it to my mechanic, and he diagnosed the problem as a faulty turbo. Aparantly, the oil feed and return pipes were gummed up. So the car had a recon Turbo put on. I assumed that this would cure the fault.
How wrong I was!! After 10 minutes of driving away from the garage, the light reared its ugly head again. Back to square one!
I've had a renault CLIP diagnostic run on the car, and they can't diagnose the fault, and i quote, "It could be one of about six sensors." VERY HELPFUL!!!
Has anybody had this happen to them? Or does anybody know what would be causing this? My mechanic is checking out the EGR valve today! Would a sticking EGR valve cause the warnings i'm getting?

Any help is much appreciated, Many thanks!!
2001 1.9 Electronic Fault and Check Injection! HEL - Screwloose
I'm getting a feeling of deja vu here - haven't you already got a thread running on this car? well remembered. Moved to existing thread already running

You "mechanic" is an incompetent idiot, stuck in the dark ages, cynically bleeding you dry. If he cannot keep up, he should retire. No way were "gummed[?]" turbo pipes going to flag a code - unless the turbo was already destroyed. So only now is he going to check the EGR valve - just a tad late?

What were the codes found? [Choice of 3,000] Any diagnostic interface is only as good as the man using it - they don't tell you what's wrong, just provide information to assist your own diagnostic abilities.

Edited by Webmaster on 03/06/2008 at 19:49

2001 1.9 Electronic Fault and Check Injection! HEL - volvos60T5SE
Well from what i'm told, the turbo was leaking oil and the pipes were 'blocked,' The bloke who sold me the car is paying for the repair work, so i'm not too fussed about the cost. I just want it sorting. And my mechanic, despite his lack of competance, is running out of ideas. I'm going to have my own diagnostic done by renault, and watch them do it so i can see the fault codes. Also, i'm sure that renault charge 60quid for the hours labour, which includes the diagnostic. Surely they should be able to narrow it down in that time!!

cheers for the help
2001 1.9 Electronic Fault and Check Injection! HEL - dick-mac
Have you tried a "neutral" autoelectrics engineer? - We have one locally - reads renault diagX codes (and many others)and fixes cheaper and faster than Renault dealer can read the code (they quoted £60 and earliest 3 days). I had problem with engine speed pulsing - turned out to be a leak on the air intake housing - read code and rebuilt and sealed housing for £50 same day!
I avoid the Renault main dealer ever since they charged £100 for a wiper change at a main service!

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 26/07/2008 at 20:59