dash problem? Ford fix it for £99 - henry k
The Watchdog site says
"Our research suggests it only occurs on the 130,000 Mark I Focus cars made in 2003. Newer models have a modified circuit board."

From BBC Watchdog programme this evening ( and their website)

"Ford has now said that it's offering all Focus drivers with faulty instrument clusters the chance to have theirs replaced at a Ford dealer with the latest version in stock for a reduced price of £99. What's more, it'll refund the difference to anyone who has already paid more than £99 to have theirs fixed.

If customers want to find out more, Ford has set up a special customer hotline. The number is 0800 166 166.

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=62265&...f

This is the original thread, normally we would tack Henry's post onto the original thread -
but seeing as this dramatic news could get lost in the clutter, leaving it as a standalone

Edited by Pugugly on 21/04/2008 at 23:28

dash problem? Ford fix it for £99 - b308
So they've admitted that there IS a problem, then!

Fabia door seals next, then.....
dash problem? Ford fix it for £99 - L'escargot
"Our research suggests it only occurs on the 130 000 Mark I >>Focus cars made in 2003.

I wonder if they mean a 130,000 ..........
Surely Ford must have made more than 130,000 Foci in 2003. I'll have to keep an eye on mine. At the moment the only thing I get is a temporary loss of the "miles remaining" on the fuel computer.
dash problem? Ford fix it for £99 - Chas{P}
Surely Ford must have made more than 130 000 Foci in 2003. I'll have to
keep an eye on mine. At the moment the only thing I get is a
temporary loss of the "miles remaining" on the fuel computer.

According to my stats there are 129,109 2003 Foci still in use so the 130k estimate is accurate.

HTH
dash problem? Ford fix it for £99 - Dwight Van Driver
Watchdog previous week reported that if you take the instrument banacle out and spray the circuit board at the back with WD40 this will resolve.

I would think once WD40 has dried out then the fault will re-appear.

dvd
dash problem? Ford fix it for £99 - Stuartli
I would suggest electronic circuits cleaner as used in TV and audio workshops.
dash problem? Ford fix it for £99 - Buncranaman
The dash on my 03 Focus went dead then started up again except for fuel gauge Bristol Street Motors (BSM) Stoke diagnosed a fuel pump/sender unit replacement @ £396.40 - I contacted Ford Cust Serv who said recc schd costs to be £180.40 - BSM were charging for removing the tank twice - before I took the car in it refused to start - BSM then changed their mind about fuel pump and fitted a new dashboard instead which funny enough was around £180.
Dannie>>