Vauxhall Crossland X 2020 - Car Intermittently Not Starting - Sc077i3

Hello, I've had this intermittent problem with my Vauxhall Crossland X not starting at all. The starter motor has been changed and the ECU has been investigated and found to be fine. I checked the battery and it showed 12.47V. When attempting to turn the engine over, it just makes the door-lights for the windows turn off, and it requires a bump start to get it moving. Once I get the car home, it turns over every time. Really, really annoying. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Vauxhall Crossland X 2020 - Car Intermittently Not Starting - Big John

Sounds like one of the main 12v leads too/from battery, starter, car earth is loose and /or corroded. This shows up when operating the starter motor as it draws lots of amps and the higher resistance of a faulty connector would drastically reduce the voltage available for other things upstream - eg lights.

Try getting someone to listen with the bonnet up whilst you try to start in fault mode - you may hear a fizzing or other noise from the offending connector. Also follow the main leads from the battery to check if anything is loose. If battery is new make sure the terminal leads are tightened up! Especially check the negative battery to car body earth connection - I've known the crimp connectors to corrode internally. If you try to start a few times the offending connection may become warm.

Edited by Big John on 15/12/2023 at 21:40

Vauxhall Crossland X 2020 - Car Intermittently Not Starting - elekie&a/c doctor
That battery voltage appears good , but doesn’t necessarily mean the battery has any capacity for starting . I would have it checked properly with a conductance tester .