Picking your next car? Our unique Car Chooser is here to help... | No thanks

Do I need to replace my cam belt?
My Saab is due its annual service - 4 years.

According to the service schedule it is due a timing belt change at 72,000 miles / 4 years.

My car has covered 47,000 miles from new and has been dealer serviced. Should I replace the belt? If so presumably the wheels and tensioners also need replacing? Does anything else need replacing? Is the water pump driven off this belt or is it run by the drive belt?

Asked on 12 February 2012 by ajw

The belt change is overdue and very necessary. I'd change the waterpump as well as the pulleys and tensioner.