Vauxhall Zafira: Piston problem
I purchased a used Vauxhall Zafira five months ago. The car is an 07 plate and I paid circa £6,000. The car has a piston fault, which requires a replacement engine (new £1,500/used £600 excluding. Labour). Does the garage from which I purchased the car have to assume any responsibility/cost for the replacement engine?

Asked on 15 January 2010 by TN, Leigh on Sea

Yes. Unless you purchased the car on trade terms, the selling dealer is responsible and must either replace the engine or buy the car back from you if any faults develop within 6 months of the purchase date.

Your consumer rights are here: www.honestjohn.co.uk/faq/consumer-rights