WIN: A mega bundle of Christmas prizes - worth more than £1000! Click here to enter | No thanks

Is fitting a new door a DIY job?
We are about to buy a driver's door for my son's Vauxhall Corsa C - just wondered if fitting it is fairly straightforward or should we leave well alone and have it put on by a garage?

Asked on 20 January 2011 by chaos1

Answered by Alan Ross
To unbolt and rebolt is not complicated, but you need to make sure that it hangs correctly. However you also have electrics to deal with, windows, mirrors and door speakers. These are not that complex, but you need to record what you have disconnected so that you know how to re connect. If not sure then a workshop manual would show you all the detail that you require. Other than that get a quote from a local good garage (before you put the car in). Should only take approx one hour of labour.