Amazzed
A conundrum. It’s time to part with my nearly 8-year-old super Mazda 626 GSI SE that’s been faultless and consider a replacement. Any ideas? I’m 6’, 65 years old, active, want a bit of ‘class’ but not the oldest teenager in town: something about 4.5m in length with 4/5 doors, possibly BMW Efficient Dynamics 3 Series, possibly an XF but a big posy and difficult in Morrison’s car park, only about 5,000 miles per annum, budget up to 40k, so on and so forth.

Asked on 5 June 2010 by TT, via email

Take a drive in a Lexus IS250 auto. Amazingly refined. Best on 16” or 17” wheels with deeper profile tyres. Also consider an Infiniti G37:
www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/infiniti/g37-saloon-...9. If you go for the Jag XF, no reason not to go for the 3.0V6 petrol that starts at just under £30,000. Don't go for a diesel for 5,000 miles a year or you will have endless DPF problems.