What is life like with your car? Let us know and win one of three ipads | No thanks

Idle moments
You stated recently that you were considering not recommending diesel vehicles due to expensive problems with Turbos, Intercoolers and EGR Valves etc. Would this also include petrol engine cars fitted with a Turbo?

Asked on 27 February 2010 by D.B., Sevenoaks

The engines are still best idled for a minute or two when the turbos are red hot. But petrol engines usually have watercooled turbos and this brings a benefit because the engines heat up faster from the radiator coolant passing through what is effectively the exhaust manifold.