Introducing our new Real MPG iPhone app: Find out more | No thanks

Most economical estate car
I am looking to purchase an estate car. It will be used as a business car and i'll be travelling about 250 miles a week. I need a bit of comfort, plenty of load carrying for fragile items, to include space for a small dog. Space and low running costs are top priority, but a bit of comfort is essential. Budget max of £7,000.

Asked on 3 January 2011 by dai trying

Focus or Astra estate. Choose diesel for low fuel costs but very high repair costs, or petrol for high fuel costs but very low repair costs.

HJ