Roundabout absent road markings - Xileno

There'a a B road near me which has recently been resurfaced (shock horror) but the road workers have not painted the mini roundabout marking yet. The street signs are still in place. I wondered what the legal position might be if the road markings are missing? Is it still legally a roundabout?

No I've not had an incident, just curious!

Roundabout absent road markings - focussed

Providing that the road signs on the approach to the mini- roundabout from all directions are present and visible - ie the round blue sign with the white arrows:-

It's a round sign so gives an order - meaning,

"Mini-roundabout (roundabout circulation - give way to vehicles from the immediate right)"

The roundabout is still legally a roundabout with or without road markings.

Recently, the link between signs and road markings has been abandoned, probably to cope with the situation as you have seen, and when the road markings get worn out beyond recognition.

Roundabout absent road markings - Xileno

I thought that would be the case especially as the signs are still there. Thanks for clarifying.

Roundabout absent road markings - daveyjp
The simple way of thinking about this is “would it still be a roundabout if the signs were there but the road was covered in snow?”.

The answer is yes, but proceed with caution.
The simple way of thinking about this is “would it still be a roundabout if the signs were there but the road was covered in snow?”. The answer is yes, but proceed with caution.

But what about if the sign was covered with driven snow so it's purpose could not be read?

It would be a just a round sign of any purpose.

Stop signs are hexagonal, as they are the only sign of that shape they are unmistakeable.

Roundabout absent road markings - Andrew-T

<< Stop signs are hexagonal, as they are the only sign of that shape they are unmistakeable. >>

Octagonal ? :-)

yeah - eight sides.