Eastenders - bathtub tom

Apparently depicted Milton Keynes as a slum last night (4/3/24). I don't live there, but local radio's just devoted an hour to discussing it. A number of incensed residents.

I've never watched it, but will now because the story line's to be continued tonight - so it's increased viewing numbers!

Eastenders - Andrew-T

By one ? :-)

Eastenders - bathtub tom

By one ? :-)

Nope, two. SWMBO's interested also.

Eastenders - Chris M

I wouldn't be surprised if that's the last time we see the idyll that purported to be MK. Probably more likely to have been filmed in Watford, closer to the Borehamwood studio.

Edited by Chris M on 05/03/2024 at 14:26

Eastenders - Xileno

Haven't been to MK for probably 25 years. I wasn't impressed but it might have improved. Endless roundabouts and dual-carriage way. Very easy to get lost although this was before satnavs became popular.

Eastenders - Adampr

People that live there love it. I think it's one of those personal taste things.

Eastenders - Terry W

My main memory of MK were the concrete cows designed to create the illusion it was a rural idyll.

Eastender was standard fare in our house 30 years ago. Never missed an episode.

Storylines were typically car accidents, fires, relationships in and out of wedlock, burning social issues I cared nothing for. The main benefit of watching was the realisation how fortunate one was not to be part of the cast.

Two weeks withdrawal symptom not knowing what happened to the protagonists. Then joy - I was "clean" - I no longer wasted 2 hours a week, 100 hours a year to watch misery

Eastenders - Chris M

Are you saying it's misery watching Kat Slater and Sharon whatever her surname is this week?

I will say that Caffy Beale (Gillian Taylforth) is fairing well at 68. Must have something to do with A1 slip road activity. (Motoring link).

:)

Edited by Chris M on 05/03/2024 at 21:36