Peugeot 2008 - Does named driver have to also declare accidents - Miss Lindsey Hodges

I am a named driver on partners ins , he had an accident.

It's time to renew our policy and we need seperate ones this year, I cannot get a straight answer asto wether we both need to declare the claim or just him as he was the policy holder ?

Hastings claim dept said only he needs to declare but double check with renewal dept , hastings renewals says we both have to declare it but double check with claims lol..double checked with claims got a different advisor who said yes we both need to declare. Internet implies we don't...does anyone actually know ??? Is it written anywhere official in writing ??? If I declare insurance jumps up nearly 40% ! Thankyou !

Peugeot 2008 - Does named driver have to also declare accidents - Chris M

If it was me, I wouldn't. Not your policy and not your accident. If it was your policy and his accident, I would.

If that leaves you uneasy though, declare it but shop around for an insurer who doesn't penalise you so heavily.

If he is going to be a named driver on your policy, you have to declare it.

Edited by Chris M on 14/08/2023 at 17:50

Peugeot 2008 - Does named driver have to also declare accidents - Bromptonaut

As I'm reading this your partner had an accident and claimed on his policy.

You are/were a named driver on that policy but had no part in the claim.

If you are now getting your own policy in your name as a sole driver then that claim has no more relevance to your insurer than my Mother's contretemps with a lorry near her home when I was miles away has to mine.

If your proposal to the insurer includes your partner as a permitted driver then his claims etc ARE relevant.

Edited by Bromptonaut on 15/08/2023 at 10:11