Hyundai Getz - Camera query - johnmazda

Is this a red light traffic camera or a speed camera or both??

Link below...

A21

maps.app.goo.gl/ggc7eULxLc5Pudrq8

Hyundai Getz - Camera query - FP

I you mean the little white box, it's unlikely to be a speed camera, as there are several of those, painted yellow, in the near vicinity. I don't know what it is, as it doesn't seem to have anything that could be interpreted as a lens. (I say "seem", because I know a lens can be very small.)

Hyundai Getz - Camera query - Adampr

Is this a red light traffic camera or a speed camera or both??

Link below...

A21

maps.app.goo.gl/ggc7eULxLc5Pudrq8

Assuming you mean the yellow box on top of the black stick, that's a speedcurb camera, so is both speed camera and red light camera.

You will have a much less stressful time driving if you forget about these things. Don't speed and don't drive through red lights and you'll be fine.

Hyundai Getz - Camera query - johnmazda

Thanks for the responses. Yes it's the yellow box on top of the black pole I'm referring to and as I thought too, it's both a red light and speed camera.

How does the red light camera work though, how does it know when you've gone over the stop line? It says every part of the car must be before the line when on red...? Does the stop line have a sensor linked up with the camera so when the front wheel touches the stop line the camera gets triggered? Otherwise how would they you've gone over?

Yes I have never gone over the speed limit (90% I'm going under!) and very careful of lights but just curious how these things work and as a new driver I have to be careful.

Hyundai Getz - Camera query - Adampr

Thanks for the responses. Yes it's the yellow box on top of the black pole I'm referring to and as I thought too, it's both a red light and speed camera.

How does the red light camera work though, how does it know when you've gone over the stop line? It says every part of the car must be before the line when on red...? Does the stop line have a sensor linked up with the camera so when the front wheel touches the stop line the camera gets triggered? Otherwise how would they you've gone over?

Yes I have never gone over the speed limit (90% I'm going under!) and very careful of lights but just curious how these things work and as a new driver I have to be careful.

I imagine the sensitivity is low, so it only gets people who have actually crossed the line with the whole car.

Hyundai Getz - Camera query - Brit_in_Germany

Looks like the two (make that three) cameras are monitoring the box junctions.

Edited by Brit_in_Germany on 06/08/2023 at 10:35

Hyundai Getz - Camera query - Gibbo_Wirral

Is it a "speed on green" camera?

www.thinkinsurance.co.uk/personal/convicted-driver...g