Porsche Cayenne - Black Box blocked my isolation switch - Cayenne-TT

I recently bought a 2004 Cayenne Turbo S, and the previous owner had fitted an isolation switch as he didn't like the battery drain. I haven't been able to get it removed yet, my mechanic is doing that for me shortly. However, after installing the black box last Thursday, by Friday it had completely drained the battery. I used my jump pack today and took it round the block to give a bit of extra charge to the battery, but a weird beeping noise came from the box and my led dash was flickering on & off. When I turned off the ignition and opened the door to get out, my seat didn't move back, so instinct I put the key back in to re-start and got absolutely nothing. It appears that whatever the black box has done, it's jammed the isolation switch off, and I have absolutely no power at all, and I can't switch it back on.

My mechanic is coming out to have a look, but if he finds that the box has caused these issues what are my comebacks, if any, against the insurer? I'm actually cancelling the insurance tomorrow as I'm still within the 14 day cooling off period, and allegedly they're still saying that the box hasn't been installed, so there's a fault somewhere. I had no issues before it was fitted.

Porsche Cayenne - Black Box blocked my isolation switch - Adampr

Fortunately, a man who knows all about these things is in this forum and will probably appear soon. It sounds to me like your telematics box is bypassing the isolator and you now have a completely flat battery. I don't really understand what you mean by the isolator being there because the precious owner didn't like the battery drain. What battery drain? It should stay charged for a couple of weeks easily.

I think the reply from the insurance company is likely to be that all they have done is highlight an electrical fault and non-standard wiring.

Porsche Cayenne - Black Box blocked my isolation switch - elekie&a/c doctor
A 20 year old cayenne is going to be riddled with electrical issues . Fitting a telematics box is unlikely to be the cause of your problems. The fact that the previous owner had an isolator fitted kind of suggests these issues were previously on going.