Vans/Car parked Either Side of Driveway - Dangerous - Sam M

Can anyone recommend how to approach the council or other ways to avoid the danger of pulling out of a driveway when there're cars or worse vans parked either side? We've had a close call once too many times. I know some people put concave mirrors up, but is there any other way? The Council weren't helpful, but this time I can send pictures. It's not the neighbours fault as they can park there, and if not them, some other people just park. I'm at my wits end and with 2 small children in the back, my heart nearly stops edging out. Plus any car that does wait then get impatient and suddenly zooms past. Thank you for your thoughts - please!

Edited by Sam M on 21/06/2023 at 22:15

Vans/Car parked Either Side of Driveway - Dangerous - Adampr

Google "H-Bar Road Marking" for your Council area.

Vans/Car parked Either Side of Driveway - Dangerous - WillP101
Do you reverse onto your driveway? I always think reverse parking is safer, especially in supermarket car parks! You get better visibility when you leave the space. Unfortunately, some drivers can be really impatient when your trying to manoeuvre out of a space / driveway with restricted visibility.
Vans/Car parked Either Side of Driveway - Dangerous - gordonbennet

I agree with reverse parking every time whenever possible, also when edging out of such predicaments open both windows and insisting on silence in your own car use your shell likes, before anyone chimes in about how quiet electric cars are, any vehicle travelling at speed you can normally hear the tyres before the engine/exhaust.

The parking situation is likely to get worse before the systems being put in place to reduce the private transport of us plebs starts to reduce vehicle numbers significantly.

Vans/Car parked Either Side of Driveway - Dangerous - FP

"The parking situation is likely to get worse before the systems being put in place to reduce the private transport of us plebs starts to reduce vehicle numbers significantly."

Did you forget the smiley? :-)

Vans/Car parked Either Side of Driveway - Dangerous - gordonbennet

"The parking situation is likely to get worse before the systems being put in place to reduce the private transport of us plebs starts to reduce vehicle numbers significantly."

Did you forget the smiley? :-)

Be interesting to see if a smiley was appropriate in due course, time will tell.

:-)

Vans/Car parked Either Side of Driveway - Dangerous - alan1302

The parking situation is likely to get worse before the systems being put in place to reduce the private transport of us plebs starts to reduce vehicle numbers significantly.

Why have they waited until it got so bad before they put anything in place?

Vans/Car parked Either Side of Driveway - Dangerous - galileo

How much tax, VAT and fuel duty do they rake in from road users? What will they tax to replace all of that revenue? Push bikes? An extra levy on bus fares?

Politicians of all parties are interested in:

a) achieving and staying in power

b) spending tax revenues in ways they think best.

What is best for the poor ordinary citizen is a long way down their priority list.

How much tax, VAT and fuel duty do they rake in from road users? What will they tax to replace all of that revenue? Push bikes? An extra levy on bus fares?

Politicians of all parties are interested in:

a) achieving and staying in power

b) spending tax revenues in ways they think best.

What is best for the poor ordinary citizen is a long way down their priority list.

The politicains don't have the power though - they are just puppets...it's the puppetmasters I want to know about.

Vans/Car parked Either Side of Driveway - Dangerous - Brit_in_Germany

Surely when the puppetmasters have achieved their goal of shrinking the population, there will be no need for high taxes as only the wealthy will be left, with no need for social services.

You can add a smiley to that if you wish, maybe ;-).

Vans/Car parked Either Side of Driveway - Dangerous - focussed

Surely when the puppetmasters have achieved their goal of shrinking the population, there will be no need for high taxes as only the wealthy will be left, with no need for social services.

You can add a smiley to that if you wish, maybe ;-).

So it's all a bit of a joke then?

Vans/Car parked Either Side of Driveway - Dangerous - mickyh7

If you reverse into a Supermarket parking space you then leave no access for putting your shopping in the boot!

I strongly believe that reversing cars should have right of way in car parks. You cannot see anything, until your side windows are clear of the cars either side!

Edited by mickyh7 on 12/07/2023 at 11:41

Vans/Car parked Either Side of Driveway - Dangerous - bathtub tom

If you reverse into a Supermarket parking space you then leave no access for putting your shopping in the boot!

Local LIDL have a central pathway. I reverse up to it and unload the trolley.

Vans/Car parked Either Side of Driveway - Dangerous - Andrew-T

Our nearest Aldi is the same.

Vans/Car parked Either Side of Driveway - Dangerous - mickyh7

That's very sensible planning on their behalfs.

I don't shop in those Supermarkets, the ones I shop in should take a Leaf!

But it would cost, so they won't.

That's very sensible planning on their behalfs.

I don't shop in those Supermarkets, the ones I shop in should take a Leaf!

But it would cost, so they won't.

Would be daft for them to pay to change the car park about just so a few peole could reverse into a space. Even when you can reverse in a lot of people don't anyway.

And our local Tesco and Morrisons do as well