Notice of intended prosecution received for speed - Kkoz

Hi guys,

I have received NIP today. It is for my old car that i have not driven for about three weeks now. Currently trying to sell that car. Date of the speeding offence is 17/06/23. I was not driving that car on that date or even my new car on that road on that date. I was driving my new car around that date, close to that road. Is it possible I was speeding near by on different date (which I can't recall) driving my new car, but NIP arrived for my old car, different date and road? I am very confused. NIP says I was driving 58mph in 40 zone. I am very confused!

Notice of intended prosecution received for speed - Middleman

Contact the office which issued the NIP and ask for "photographs to help identify the driver".

They don't have to provide them but usually will (via a link). They will probably not help with driver identification but may help you establish whether it was your vehicle. Is there any possibility that somebody else may have access to the keys and took it for a spin?

Edited by Middleman on 21/06/2023 at 18:37

Nope. I am the only driver in the household. although I had paranoia and looked for second key that I can't find now lol but regardless I am 99% sure that that's not the case

Notice of intended prosecution received for speed - Adampr

There's normally a link to images on the notice.

Can't see it on the letter anywhere

Can't see it on the letter anywhere

Do as middleman says then. He knows his stuff.

If someone's seen your ad and cloned your plates, I'll take back all the times I laughed at people hiding them on Autotrader ads.

Notice of intended prosecution received for speed - Robert J.

If you are trying to sell it, did someone take it for a test drive.

Notice of intended prosecution received for speed - Bromptonaut

What you must do is return the section 172 notice stating that you were not the driver.

Unfortunately, because of the number of chancers out there saying you don't know is going to raise activity by several levels.

The photo from the camera may help, when I got caught locally there was no room for doubt that it was me!! I'd have held my hand up anyway as I knew I'd likely been caught and I was taking her car for a service.

The picture may help i/d the driver if it turns out somebody with access to the keys has been playing silly wot nots. It might also identify anything like stickers or whatever that would suggest the car was cloned.

Notice of intended prosecution received for speed - Dag Hammar

Unfortunately, I am speaking from personal experience.

Five weeks ago I was snapped by a mobile speed camera situated in a van. I duly received the paperwork from West Mercia Police Ticket office.

I was able to go online and view the photographic evidence showing the car I was driving, The number plate is clear enough but it would be impossible to identify the driver (but it was me )

To access the photos I just went on the website and used the numbers printed on the NIP. There is a lengthy reference number and a pin and the process is not difficult.

Notice of intended prosecution received for speed - focussed

I had a similar incident where a speeding ticket turned up for my BMW 5 series which was immobile no battery fitted to car, on my private driveway and had been for 6 months.

I found the nearest police station in London to where the offence was committed, reported it as a crime and got a crime number. Replied to the speeding ticket with the crime number, never heard another word.