Ateca - Missing v5 - Michael Maddison

So I recently had a conversation with Thames Valley police and it seems that the dealership I bought my car from have apparently failed to get the paperwork to the dvla or the dvla have fluffed it.

I am now also receiving an mot reminder for a car I've never owned that would be due about the same time as I thought I was going to need my current car squared away.

Anyone know how to proceed?

Ateca - Missing v5 - Bromptonaut

So I recently had a conversation with Thames Valley police and it seems that the dealership I bought my car from have apparently failed to get the paperwork to the dvla or the dvla have fluffed it.

I am now also receiving an mot reminder for a car I've never owned that would be due about the same time as I thought I was going to need my current car squared away.

Anyone know how to proceed?

Are you under any pressure as a consequence of the convo with Thames Valley Police?

I think you need a chat with (a) the dealer and (b) DVLA. I believe that, where a person claiming to be the Keeper has no V5 they can request re-issue. DVLA will write to the last recorded address asking them to speak up if they still claim car is theirs.

A similar thing happened to my son. Bought new car from a large dealership early last year. Never got the V5 back but being The Lad he either didn't notice or failed to let it be a priority. In the meantime he gets caught by a speed camera. Merseyside Police send the usual notices to the address on DVLA records. Eventually lack of response leads them to knock on the door of the address at DVLA. Turns out to be same flat number but in a different block on the same road. Near enough though that somebody recognises the car and sees its owner entering the block on the corner.

In the end the speeding offence was 'wound back' and The Lad was offered a course.

Eventually sorted the V5 with help from the dealer who held up their hand.

I think the MoT reminder is a red herring; they're produced by MoT stations and not DVLA.

Ateca - Missing v5 - Michael Maddison

Thankfully no pressure arose from talking to the police, the area I was in has a bit of a rough reputation with gangs and stuff but I basically just dropping off a family member at their parents and they let me go unmolested.

I've tried to contact the dealer (they are a massive outfit) but so far silence,bso I'll probably be best to contact the dvla myself.

Ateca - Missing v5 - Crickleymal

I think the MoT reminder is a red herring; they're produced by MoT stations and not DVLA.

I get an MOT reminder every year from DVLA, you can sign up to the service. It's very useful given that there are 3 cars in this household

www.gov.uk/mot-reminder