Kia Sportage 4 2022 - Paint problem - Jayne Cannell

I took delivery of my sportage on 23rd July 2022 opting to use my own contact for ceramic coating which was due two weeks after I got the car on the 5th of August. My detailer noticed a problem with my paint work which isn't immediately obvious unless looking extremely carefully. It looks like dried on water marks - which despite every treatment at his disposal, and the the Kia Dealerships, they remain.

I reported the problem ( to the dealership) on the day that I became aware of the problem (5th August). I was advised that the vehicle would need a paint inspection, which took place on the 5th & 6th of September. (The inspection too two days as every panel had to have its own inspection report - the only parts not affected are the bonnet and Glass sunroof)

I am now outside of the 30th days rejection period.

I have requested a copy of the inspection report but have yet to receive it, although I am told by the dealership that the body shop believes the problem is a manufacturing one.

My concern is the amount of work required to rectify the problem, especially as what's caused the issue hasn't been identified. I don't want a spray over of the problem only for it to reoccur - even if it is covered by warranty.

Would I be best pushing for a vehicle exchange - I love the car? Or what are your thoughts?

Thank you

Kia Sportage 4 2022 - Paint problem - _

BUT.. You did tell them about the problem before the 30 day period had expired.

Talk to Kia Customer services. When I have done with my past Kia cars, they have been very good.

Kia Sportage 4 2022 - Paint problem - Adampr

I think I'd wait to see what Kia say rather than second guessing. If they then offered me the option of a spray job or nothing, I would personally take nothing. If nobody really sees it, does it really matter? I know you'll know, but I just wonder if it's worth the grief when you'll drive against a hedge or encounter a shopping trolley at some point.

Kia Sportage 4 2022 - Paint problem - Brit_in_Germany

It seems you only noticed the issue after it had been pointed out by the detailer, implying it is not of much significance. I would not think that the manufacturer is obliged to supply a car with a defect free paint coating and suspect you will just have to live with it.

Kia Sportage 4 2022 - Paint problem - Darren Mc

How was this resolved?

it seems very much like what my car is showing - pretty much all over...

Your car wasn't green by any chance?

Thanks Darren