Dacia Logan MCV (2013 on)

Estate 1.5 dCi 90 Laureate 5dr Estate

reviewed by Adam Conroy on 11 May 2019
Overall rating
How it drives
Fuel economy
Tax/Insurance/Warranty costs
Cost of maintenance and repairs
Experience at the dealership
How practical it is
How you rate the manufacturer
Overall reliability

An excellent car, despite what some "professional" reviewers think.

I bought this car recently, after a lot of research and looking at various estate cars and test driving them.
I must say I'm impressed with this car. It's the perfect car for the motorist who sees their car as a tool to get from A to B rather than a designer fashion item. The boot size, fuel economy and tax make it a very practical car with the ability to haul a large load with ease. While it's no BMW when it comes to interior, it's not particularly ugly or unattractive. The upholstery is comfortable and also easy to clean, the controls are functional and easy to use, and it's actually very pleasant to drive.

I've seen this car criticised in areas such as "ride-comfort", "quality of plastics" and not being "fun" to drive. I would pay no attention to such reviews. There is nothing uncomfortable about the car, driver seating adjustment options are a bit limited but I'm quite fussy about the way I sit when driving and even I could find a comfortable position.
The plastics are not the high-end "soft-feel" plastics that you get in premium brand cars but they're hard wearing and not really an issue for me.
I actually find the car quite fun to drive and have no issue accelerating to overtake traffic on the motorway or cornering on backroads. My wife tells me that this is the only car she's been in that doesn't make her carsick, other than an old Volvo V70.

As for the exterior, I suppose it's a matter of opinion but I actually quite like the chunky and rugged look of the car.

The big plus of this car is the amazing MPG you get and the huge boot size. It's a perfect choice for a family with kids as there's ample room to store the various items that are necessary for family trips. Or for hobby enthusiasts such as surfers or kayakers, who need a large boot for gear.

The one negative of this car is that the front dipped headlights tend to be angled very low and don't actually provide great illumination. This is easily remedied by changing the bulbs and adjusting the lights upward slightly.

In summary, while this isn't a luxury car by any means, it's also not as bad or unrefined as some reviewers would make out and it's excellent value for money. It's also extremely satisfying to have a car that is so practical and cost-effective. Bottom line: I'm very happy with it, and I would definitely consider buying this car again in the future.

Report as offensive