If you disagree...(Please read this) - Avant

Any forum like this one encourages free speech and a variety of opinions, which indeed we get.

Unfortunately we are also getting a lot of personal abuse from one poster to another, which is quite unnecessary and invariably weakens the writer's argument. By all means contradict another poster's views if you disagree with them, but don't abuse the person himself / herself.

As moderators we volunteer to do what we can to make the forum a pleasant place for people to visit and ask questions, seek advice or just air their views. Much as we don't like suppressing posts, we are duty bound to remove any that contain swear words or attack others personally.

The above comments are not aimed at any one person in particular.

Edited by Avant on 08/08/2011 at 21:24

If you disagree...(Please read this) - pda

I'm often reluctant to post a view of mine if it's a bit controversial,because this happens.

I'm not keen on confrontation and I don't particularly like reading a thread that's developed into a willywaving competition of insults between two people, so I think this is a welcome decision.

Well done Mods!

Pat

Edited by pda on 08/08/2011 at 08:48

If you disagree...(Please read this) - jamie745

Willywaving?!

Ive got images now. My eyes!!! My eyes!!!

If you disagree...(Please read this) - pda

That's a lorry drivers technical term Jamie, you wouldn't understand:)

Pat

If you disagree...(Please read this) - concrete

Quite agree, anyone should be able to counter an argument with another argument without resorting to any form of abuse. It is sometimes very amusing though if the comments are not too barbed. Also the way in which the original thread is often hi-jacked and taken off on a tangent, where you start with the price of diesel and end up with the colour of driving gloves. It does somewhat detract from the original piece. However if it was all perfect it would not be such an interesting site to visit. Best to all. Concrete

PS. Willywaving, is that what that lorry driver was doing alongside the wheel of his lorry today?

If you disagree...(Please read this) - Whistle Blower

avant

why have you hidden my link?

i have spoken with the office and i have confrimed the excel spread sheet is the property of my company which i have not disclosed.

I put up a new thread explaining this, which you haven't seen.

"I've hidden this thread, at least temporarily, because I need to check with HJ and his publisher whether we can allow the confidential information in the OP's link to appear in public."

It's just possible that Hyundai might take legal action against us for disclosing this information (which I think you said was sent to you in error). If HJ and our publisher are happy with disclosing it, I will of course reinstate it.

It has to be acknowledged though Avant that it was written in a sensationalist way by what came across as an uneducated teenager (thats the message the style of writing sent out, thats just fact) who couldnt grasp basic business principles and mouthed off at anyone who pointed out some basic facts. Because i disagreed i immediately got accused of 'working in a showroom' or 'obviously being a dealer'. Frankly the whole episode made the site look bad, me and RT tried to add balance and facts to the discussion but these two were having none of it. It was like when a 14 year old comes home from school after one lesson on history and politics and thinks they know everything, it was quite embarassing for them two.

If you disagree...(Please read this) - OriginalBlower

It has to be acknowledged though Avant that it was written in a sensationalist way by what came across as an uneducated teenager (thats the message the style of writing sent out, thats just fact) who couldnt grasp basic business principles and mouthed off at anyone who pointed out some basic facts. Because i disagreed i immediately got accused of 'working in a showroom' or 'obviously being a dealer'. Frankly the whole episode made the site look bad, me and RT tried to add balance and facts to the discussion but these two were having none of it. It was like when a 14 year old comes home from school after one lesson on history and politics and thinks they know everything, it was quite embarassing for them two.

It appears the reason this thread was taken off was because 2 posters in particular, JAMIES745 and RT became obusive to a level which breached the regulations of this site. The episode only made the site look bad because these 2 individuals didnt like the fact that huge discounts were being highlighted. The only abuse came from these 2 people who seemed to gang up on me and one other poster in order to try and get the thread deleted.

What does make the site look bad is when information is indeed posted which is in the motoring publics best interests, only for the person highlighting such to be subjected to abusive and derogitary remarks, even to the point raised yet again from JAMIE745 who is in clear breach of the forum rules.

For the record JAMIE745 i spent the 1st 16 years of my working life in the motor trade including senior board level at one of the largest PLC car dealerships, moving on to work for Citroen UK as a regional manager. Today i run 2 companies who last year turned over in excess of £8 million and employ more than 40 people. I am therefore clearly in a position where i do grasp business principles to a very high level and do not appreciate personal abuse just because you do not agree with the points raised. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and we have to accept that in any democracy we are entitled to free speech and our own views and opinions and that as such do not always agree with other points of view.

A forum such is this is designed specifically for people to share views with others without the risk of abuse and derogitary comments.

For the record JAMIE745 i spent the 1st 16 years of my working life in the motor trade including senior board level at one of the largest PLC car dealerships,

Then why did you instantly scream 'its clear you work in a showroom!' when i dared to disagree with you?

Generally successful sensible business people dont come onto a forum with questionable spelling (doesnt matter i know but still gives an indication of things at times), the attitude of a pathetic teenager shouting things like 'Robin Hood is Alive and Well!!!!!' just because you can help people who can afford a brand new car get a better deal. People who've spent 16 years in the motor trade (or any business sector for that matter) also generally grasp that price fixing and competition are contradictory terms (that really was a chapter one mistake) and people who've spent 16 years in the motor trade generally accept the more cars you buy at once the bigger discount you get. And people who allegedly run two businesses and turn over hefty amounts generally recognise the big deals are the ones to go for, and in the motor trade someone buying 100 cars off you in a 5 year contract is worth more than average John buying one Hyundai.

The episode only made the site look bad because these 2 individuals didnt like the fact that huge discounts were being highlighted.

Thats not true either, you didnt like the fact a fleet buyer gets a better deal than average Joe buying one car, which has been the case since the motor trade was formed so hardly a revelation. We didnt mind it being highlighted because its basic well known fact, what we didnt like was your sensationalist attitude towards it. Get it right. You just kept shouting, whining and screaming 'LAW OF THE LAND' across the forums which made you look like one of those people who write into the Guardian complaining about things nobody cares about.

Oh and sensible experienced business people generally dont come out with this priceless nugget which i kept hold of for when Avant deleted your posts when questioned on if it was ok to share this so called private information.

I dont care if its legal or not

Thats top stuff that is, if people like you are in charge of big business you can see why this countries in its worst recession for a century. A strange thing to say given you'd spent two hours shoving laws in peoples faces and screaming like a banshee. Again another piece of behaviour which makes me doubt your credentials.

So im sorry i dont believe a word of it and i sense a cut and paste job happening here. Its funny how you act like a petulant teenager one day, then come on here with a totally different writing style, new vocabulary and claim all these credentials to try and make the problem go away (conveniently after your idiotic posts are hidden). So i felt i should highlight this to give the forum readers a balanced view on what happened.

Oh and sensible people with credentials generally dont tell members like RT that his helpers are coming with his medication one day, then come on here and complain about abuse the next.

Edited by jamie745 on 16/09/2011 at 14:19

Original Blower - all you have to do is read my post (very short, unlike yours) two posts up from yours, which explains why I had to lock that thread.

The site would indeed look bad if legal action were taken or even threatened against us.

Please wait till I get HJ's own view.

Ask Honest John

Value my car