Amusing Registrations - JH
I was behind a Z3 tonight, registration P600 MPH. I'll leave you to work out how the characters were placed.

Sadly it didn't have any, he was observing the universal 40mph limit.

JH
Well it amused me - Aretas
The most memorable plate I have ever seen, and it needed no special spacing:

18 VAT

If you have anything whatsoever to do with running a business you will understand instantly.
Well it amused me - massey
I hate tax 2

A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well
Well it amused me - Halmer
BED 69OK always amuses me here in Staffs.

The local VAT mobile phone fraudsters allegedly rub it in with various VAT and TAX alternatives on their M3s and Porsches.
Well it amused me - Martin Devon
BED 69OK always amuses me here in Staffs.

EXPLAIN. I am only a country lad!!

MD.
Well it amused me - JH
I think it's a naughty one. Or maybe it's just me!
JH
Well it amused me - Martin Devon
I think it's a naughty one. Or maybe it's just me!
JH

I was joking
Well it amused me - JH
M
Too subtle for me. I'm only a country lad!
JH
Well it amused me - razzle
Followed a van this morning in Cambridge with the reg G7PSY, with the '7' bent at the top. Was pulling into an area currently being used for filming for BBC I believe. Amused me on my way to work anyway... :-)
Amusing Registrations - wotspur
My favourite was a large effeminate gentleman departing his fairly old Rolls Royce with GAY 50D,seen near to Harrods 5 years ago
Amusing Registrations - John S
I saw a 'doctors' Freelander the other week, green lights, reflective chequering etc., parked outside a care home. The registration? --54 DOA. How inappropriate can you get? Had to discuss it with the occupant. Apparently a regular source of amusement(?). It was claimed that's how it came from the lease company, and it wasn't deliberate!

JS
Amusing Registrations - cheddar
Amusing Registrations - audiaudi
The person that bought this car many years ago must of had his/her eyes closed.

????? MUD

Another one that really makes me LOL is - ????? LAN as this translates to a very, very rude word in a certain language.
Amusing Registrations - AdrianM
Amusing Registrations - cheddar
More seriously than my above suggestion I remember seeing DE51NGS on a Merc a few years ago. I really like the ones that actually make a name like ROS1E etc.

Amusing Registrations - George Porge
BO51ROM on a Ducati, Ben Bostrom raced a Ducati for those who dont follow 2 wheeled motorsport
Amusing Registrations - AdrianM
Did my previous post not post properly (I am sure it was there earlier) or has it been "snipped"? Certainly didn't think it was offensive - if so then I apologise, although it was surely no worse than others still visible?
Amusing Registrations - pafosman
Some years ago in the west end of London, Porsche with 'A15 LAG'. a couple of weeks ago in Marlborough a 206 with 'A?? BUG' ! I think they may have missed the point somehow?

Papho
Amusing Registrations - pafosman
Oh yes and the ambulance parked in A & E at the old Swindon P.M. Hospital with 'A11 SAD'. Not sure if this qualifies as amusing? It is now listed as registered to a Mitsubishi so maybe the Health Authority had a few complaints?

Papho
Amusing Registrations - Bromptonaut
Posted this in another thread last week but when did repetition stop any of us in here?

Parked in Chancery Lane London WC2 around 6pm last Wednesday, a Merc Van signwritten for Pimlico Plumbers with the reg B1DET .
Amusing Registrations - corblimeyguvnar
Always threatened er indoors with B1MBO, then I found it going for 40 grand or some such price, think I'll leave it!
--
Drink Lager, Talk Piffle,
Amusing Registrations - johnny
H41RY V often seen around Southampton.
Amusing Registrations - henry k
Pimlico Plumbers with .......

www.pimlicoplumbers.com/ and click on vehicles to see the range of plates they have.

Their site says they are interested in buying any no plates that would suit their business.

"Our Vehicle's with their cherished number plates and a driver are available for Charity Work and Fund Raising Events, we would like to help if we can."
Amusing Registrations - scotty
>> Pimlico Plumbers with .......
www.pimlicoplumbers.com/ and click on vehicles to see the range of plates
they have.

Not wanting to repeat old news but if you haven't clicked thru to that with your sound on then it's a must.

many thanks ROFLMFAO
Amusing Registrations - Dynamic Dave
This thread seems to have gone the same way as other previous number plate threads. That being it has desended to a level inapropriate to the BackRoom standard that we like to maintain -

As previously mentioned in some of the other number plate threads on here, that's quite enough of the more risqué number plates & van slogans please. Some have been removed, and in doing so, some of the innocent ones may well have been caught up in the tidy up as well.

DD.

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?v=e&t=36...9
Amusing Registrations - Stuartli
The owner of a Toyota coupe in the town where I live has the registration P19 SEO - joining up the digits was an obvious move but, for reasons which I can only guess (sure you are with me), the spacing is now back to the legal requirement.

Yet, ironically, any untoward incidents involving a vehicle with such a distinctive registration would be more memorable than normal to those who become involved....:-)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Amusing Registrations - steveincornwall
308 GTB which I saw on a err yes Ferrari 308 GTB parked in York many years ago. Cool or what.
Steve.
Amusing Registrations - BobbyG
Could be very wrong here but seem to remember reading somewhere that the singer Chris Rea had that registration. (308 GTB)
Amusing Registrations - PW
Favourite one that sticks in my mind was SEE21T on a Nissan Prairie I saw in the mid 80s (before all the cherished plates hype). Characters had been moved to read SEE 2 1T.
Amusing Registrations - cabsmanuk
Best one I've seen is K9 KAK in Milton Keynes. For Dr Who fans it was not on a Tardis!

Keep upright
Amusing Registrations - Slightlyfatdirector
I overtook OLD1E the other week on the M23. It was on a Polo. Surely a case of the plate being worth more than the car?

FLU1D is also seen down here in Sussex.
WWW.1 on a S type MB in my area
I quess a genuine situation where the dot is black but not an offence?.
Amusing Registrations - Chicken Vindaloo
There's also a Honda Accord here with W1 NNT all scrunched up together. Obviously a computer-related occupation!
Amusing Registrations - davros
Saw 911 0AP a few weeks back. And yes, it was an older chap in a silver 911.

Davros
Amusing Registrations - mss1tw
Wonder if anyone's taken W98 SUX....
Amusing Registrations - mjm
Saw 2 SLO on a Ferrari 360 in Porto Benus in July. It also had a Monaco plaque on it. I did wonder if it belonged to a Senor Alonso.
Amusing Registrations - madux
I mentioned 8< SNIP 8< last night but my post appears to have been moderated!

See here for why -

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=45325&...e

DD
Amusing Registrations - Vansboy
Could be a new thread, I guess, but....

Has any of the Broomers seen/passed/been stuck behind ANOTHER Broomer, that's got a personal plate?

The silver/grey Omega Estate, in front of you VAN580Y for starters??????

VB
Amusing Registrations - PoloGirl
We should get BackRoom stickers so that we can spot eachother...

Amusing Registrations - mss1tw
We should get BackRoom stickers so that we can spot eachother...

Why? Just look in the window of every other Mndeo TDCi that goes past. ;o)
OK - I shan't mention 511 again.
(But I do think you are overdoing it, DD)
Amusing Registrations - Dynamic Dave
I'll be the judge of that thankyou Madux!

DD.
8< SNIP

If you wish to complain about how this site is moderated, then as forum policies state - take it to email.

However, before you do, might I suggest you look up the word "risqué" in a dictionary.

DD.
Amusing Registrations - Bagpuss
My favourites were the promotional registration numbers used by Porsche in the 80s for the 928S: "THE 928S", and more recently, Chrysler for the Dodge Viper: "WOW 110T", with a blob between the digits to read "WOW HOT". I didn't actually get all the numbers in earlier posts - must be a sign of age!
Amusing Registrations - Westpig
Steve Parrish, the motorcycle and truck racer, used to have an interesting one.... which spelt out the male appendage.... as the 5 looked like an S..... saw it on a Merc 190 at Brands Hatch, quite a number of years ago

Amusing Registrations - Lud
Steve Parrish, the motorcycle and truck racer, used to have an
interesting one.... which spelt out the male appendage.... as the 5
looked like an S..... saw it on a Merc 190 at
Brands Hatch, quite a number of years ago

Much sought after that number westpig. I saw it on a Bentley in the sixties. But this whole thread is giving me a sense of deja vu. Still, I suppose I might as well mention again the BMW M3 I saw weaving down the A3: O505LOW.
I've just walked by an Audi A4 with the reg WA51 TME. I'll leave you to work out the spacing!
Amusing Registrations - Pugugly {P}
Seen a couple of times in North Wales on a Ciroen C5 -- C5 YYY. Which may sime up that owner's view of his car.
Amusing Registrations - Westpig
don't you find it amazing how far some people can see into a number........ you know when you do your look and dream search through the car reg adverts that if they have to explain it in the advert, it's really a lost cause to start with, don't you

Yes - brilliant phrase that "look and dream search" I'll adopt that !
Amusing Registrations - Cymrogwyllt
Once knew someone who had a reg * *** DOA and very appropriate it was too
Amusing Registrations - DavidHM
Spotted yesterday on a yellow MINI - S18 GBH. Okay probably only the forum coppers and lawyers will get it, but still... The lady driving it clearly hadn't chosen it to look hard.

Also there is a house near me with A11OWE and A11PAY on the driveway (old Silver Spirit and a Shogun I think) . Another matching pair is 2B and NOT2B.

S18 GBH.

It must have been a grevious MINI that one and the owner intended to let it be known ! No harm in that but it may assault the senses - but not bodily altered I suspect.
Amusing Registrations - wotspur
the 2B and NOT2B cars were located near Cheyne Walk in Chelsea, one was on a R.R., the last time I saw them was a few years back, but very amusing
Amusing Registrations - smax driver
I saw 2b and not2b last month, I think they were on an Aston and a Ferrari. Decisions, decisions...
Amusing Registrations - ffidrac {P}
Not so much amusing as scary??

My other half and I are both licenced amateur radio users. We passed the exam at the same time and have consecutive licence 'numbers' , mine ends W hers ends X.

Brand new Toyota in the offing, been informed by dealer of reg no so I can insure. Last 2 letters?

Yup WX !!
Amusing Registrations - piggy
Seen at Poultry Fair in Stoneleigh- B15 EGG. Seen on Anglesey some years ago -NOT 1 on a Rolls. I believe the owner was MD of a big company and also owned an identical car with the reg. NOT 2
Amusing Registrations - psi
MJ51ANG on a new Ford Mustang driving through Ripley/Send area yesterday
Amusing Registrations - nozmeister
8< SNIP 8<

If any more risqué number plates get posted, then this thread gets locked.

DD.
G11PSY on a 5cwt pick up just South of Heathrow.
It had a sticker saying "if you can read this I have lost my caravan". Would have to be a little caravan.
Amusing Registrations - mike100
H20 DWR

"DWR" is the Welsh for "water"
Amusing Registrations - Muddy plates
H20 EAU is on a Range Rover Sport Supercharged in this area......................... AUD1 and VAG 1 both used to belong to a well known Scottish VW/Audi dealer and the Glasgow Porsche Dealer Glen Henderson have a whole string of POR plates but how's this the Lord Porvest of Glasgow's Citroen Limo has the reg G0 and a local businesslady cvalled Veira has VX ERA on her bright metallic orange Bentley Continental.She also has V1 on her Maybach
Amusing Registrations - BobbyG
Muddy Plates said
but how's this the Lord Porvest of Glasgow's Citroen Limo has the reg G0 and a local businesslady cvalled Veira has VX ERA on her bright metallic orange Bentley Continental.She also has V1 on her Maybach

IIRC the Lord Provost also wanted G1 but a Lanarkshire businessman wouldn't give it up?
Re Viera, I take it this is Weisfield? I saw the Bentley a couple of weeks ago on the M8 and I wondered if it was her? Do they still live in this area? I have never seen a Maybach in Scotland, never mind along the M8!
Amusing Registrations - honeybear
Two weeks ago outside Royal Concert Hall in Glasgow SO 05 LOW misplaced ofcourse on a Maserati ,I believe it was being used as a wedding car.
Amusing Registrations - Happy Blue!
mate of mine is a tax accountant. His plate for many years has been K11 TAX, but the first '1' has a dot 2/3 of the way up so it reads KiI TAX. He even drove Kenneth Clarke in it when KC was the Chancellor of the Exchequer.
Amusing Registrations - bedfordrl
A friend used to run around in a Merc with 14 GOT.
Amusing Registrations - fossyant
RAP1D on a Renault Alpine GTA - a guy at work had it many years ago !
SOF4T on a Mercedes driving through Weybridge.

I suspect it is the family who have just recently moved from my area to yours.
If so you will see two other MBs with similar reg.
Amusing Registrations - Tornadorot
An Edinburgh taxi: T11PME. Made me laugh....
Amusing Registrations - Stroudie
I smiled for miles after seeing a car on the M5 near Bristol many years ago.
The number was BMP2A.
To the left of it in black tape on the boot was TA RA RA
Saw an oddity in Leicester today: "BIG 60 50" on a BMW 760. A Google search shows that there is in fact a 6 litre 7 series (which I was unaware of), but could it have been an import to get the odd reg?

Any experts/Leicester residents able to help out?
Amusing Registrations - GroovyMucker
I know a barrister who has A19 GUE on a nice elderly Mercedes.
Amusing Registrations - piggy
Pub on Anglesey has a van with the following reg. D10 DDA , with the spacing arranged to read
DIOD DA . This translates as Good Drink. I`m surprised Mr. Brumston`s boys have not taken an interest. It would give them a change from catching motorists doing 80mph on the A55.
Amusing Registrations - Spospe
1) Before the present fashion for making words out of a letter / number combination and indeed before suffix numberplates began in 1963, the radio / TV personality Bob Danvers-Walker had the plate: RAD 10

2) When I was on the Isle of Mann in 1969, the govenor had the plate: IO MAN

Not especially funny, but quite apt and less contrived than many today.
Amusing Registrations - deepwith
S4 FTY on a driving school car in Tiptoe near Lymington.
F10 PPY on a car parked in the New Forest.
Amusing Registrations - Avant
My favourite was OGO 2L - a genuine London 1973 number. I think someone put it on an Aston Martin.
Amusing Registrations - IanJohnson
Close to the V70 seen with S4 ETY - complete with an F stuck on the care below the plate as if it had slipped down!
Amusing Registrations - Andy60
On an accident recovery wagon, seen near Blackpool.

CRA 5H
Amusing Registrations - Alpha Dio {P}
A couple of years ago I followed a French, van-like car off our university campus with the registration KAN 900. Sad to say that it took my five minutes of following it to realise that it wasn't a Renault at all - rather a Citroen Berlingo... How bizarre?

m.
Amusing Registrations - Oz
The new reg. no. format offers lots of possibilities.
One I liked was WM02ART - spaced out as W MO2ART - no douby a musician or classical fan.
Oz (as was)
Amusing Registrations - DP
A1 MXV on an MX-5 (surprise surprise) this morning.

Amusing Registrations - terryb
Seen on a school run MPV just after the "new" registrations came out - MR51 CAN. A supermum maybe?
--
Terry
Amusing Registrations - Sim-O
I had an Fiat Uno Turbo with the reg H12 UNO and a friend had on both of his Astra GTE's (consecutively) A** GTE and another friend went grey in his early twenties which was great for mickey taking, didn't help himself when he bought a car with the number plate ending with FOX. He's been known as The Silver Fox ever since.
----------------------------------------------
Aim low, expect nothing & dont be disappointed
Amusing Registrations - deepwith
In Christchurch this morning Mazda RX8 with 8RX reg.
My absolute favourite is a K9 - belongs to a local vet.
Amusing Registrations - SimonM
Theres a bus company where i live with BUS 1T and BUS 1N on them,
but the one i liked best was the drain cleaning van with deleted - please see previous warnings for the reason - DD}

Amusing Registrations - SimonM
Theres a bus company where i live with BUS 1T and
BUS 1N on them,
but the one i liked best was the drain cleaning van
with deleted - please see previous warnings for the reason -
DD}

sorry didnt realise it was out of order

simon
Amusing Registrations - Lud
DD, no offence but has HJ been coming under pressure from the American midwest or is it just you?
Amusing Registrations - joegina
I recently followed FF 03 OFF, Same when read backwards!
Johnny
Amusing Registrations - patpending
A Polish (Gdansk?) registered BMW GO AWAYY....don't know which of those were numbers...
Amusing Registrations - Muggy
Many years ago when the first lot of "T" registrations came out, a garage in Surbiton, Surrey, parked three brand new cars outside their showroom. from left to right they were registered SEE 1T, TRY 1T and BUY 1T.
Amusing Registrations - Morgie
Saw this on a Lotus Elise over Bristol way a few years back , ORG 45M it was legally spaced as well
Amusing Registrations - aahbarnes
Interesting to see the cars these registrations are on.

www.rac.co.uk/web/vehiclechecks/status_checks/
Amusing Registrations - Falkirk Bairn
Falkirk Butcher M1 NCE on his van (M2NCE on his ML350)

Best however was a few years back Edinburgh Landlord's Jaguar 50 BER
Amusing Registrations - steveb
Saw POO4YOU tonight

Steve
Amusing Registrations - BJM38
I think the moderators might kill this one, but here goes - on the back of a sewer-jetting van:

{ SNIP - you're correct. This is at least the third time I've had to delete it from this thread alone - not to mention the previous registration threads that are out there. DD}